PDA

View Full Version : LOST BELIVED STOLEN SKYE BLUE BI RAGDOLL

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 09:17 AM
I have had this message from Maisie this morning reg Skye

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/babyloveya3/RESCUED%20CATS/CIMG0366.jpg
Gil is at the moment still sedated. She got herself in such a tisswass last night that we had to call the doctor out to her. She had been trawling the streets, printing out and posting up posters, leafletting ALL the neighbours within a 5 mile radius, calling Sweetie Pie Skye all the way. And she had had nothing to eat all day, refusing to eat until SPSkye comes home.

Sweetie Pie Skye is officially missing, suspected stolen.

I have reported her suspected theft to the Police, and am about to call all the vets in the area, rescue centres, independent rescues, dog wardens, SITA (waste disposal who collect the RTA's from the roadside) and everyone and anyone I can think of.

We suspect she was stolen, because she was last seen by a neighbour at 11.10 yesterday morning sitting on the fence in the driveway, and a white van was seen parked in Gil's driveway at the same time, the van left at 11.15am and Sweetie Pie Skye had disappeared.
Either she was scared by the van's engine and ran, or she was taken by the driver.
Unfortunately, it happened too quick for anyone to take any registration numbers.

So, since Gil tells me you are the registered keeper of Sweetie Pie Skye, you will be the first to be contacted if she is picked up and scanned.

The doctor said that Gil will be asleep now until at least 3pm, but I hope to have the worst jobs done before she wakes up.

I came over by taxi at 3am this morning, and am now taking care of Gil's other cats. Fortunately Gil's friend Rick was here, and was able to get me on the phone.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

I haven't put a post up on the forum as yet, I want to wait a full 24 hours. Do you think that's sensible? Or would you like to put a post up?

With love

RACR
20th August 2010, 09:40 AM
Oh my gosh!! :(

How come Sky was on the front? Maybe the people in the white van, assuming workers could be contacted incase she snuck into the van or something..

Call every single vet in a 20 mile radius, call pet log and alert them instantly and if you pay the £10 over the phone now to upgrade membership, petlog will alert all the vets also plus councils etc.. Also contact in that radius local rescues, dog wardens and councils... Get as many posters out at shop windows.. Contact the missing cat database and even things like free ad sites for the area (keep tabs on them also for cats like her up for sale) Make her as hot news as possible!!!

I hope she is found :(

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 09:58 AM
Oh my gosh!! :(

How come Sky was on the front? Maybe the people in the white van, assuming workers could be contacted incase she snuck into the van or something..

Call every single vet in a 20 mile radius, call pet log and alert them instantly and if you pay the £10 over the phone now to upgrade membership, petlog will alert all the vets also plus councils etc.. Also contact in that radius local rescues, dog wardens and councils... Get as many posters out at shop windows.. Contact the missing cat database and even things like free ad sites for the area (keep tabs on them also for cats like her up for sale) Make her as hot news as possible!!!

I hope she is found :(
iM on to alll that now Andrea emailing vets etc and informed Petlog

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:00 AM
Hello again,

Yes, Gil is very particular, and Sweetie Pie Skye was allowed in the garden for the very first time on Tuesday, but under very strict supervision (Gil) only. she has never been out on her own before, and certainly never out the front, except in a carrier (to the car for vets etc).

We think she either got out through the locked catflap herself copying WackyMac, or someone enticed her out and took her. I have sent Rick out to get a chip flap, so that only a chip flap will recognise certain microchips, and we can set it so it won't recognise hers.

Still ringing around.,...

Maisie

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:10 AM
petlog phone number please?

maisie

RACR
20th August 2010, 10:11 AM
Oh dear..

Where would someone of enticed her out of?

Maisey, is it possible you can contact the people from the white van to make sure she hasnt snuck aboard?

phoenix
20th August 2010, 10:15 AM
poor gil, :grouphug: i hope skye is found soon, does she know whos van it was,

lots of come home safe thoughts for you

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:17 AM
So far....

PHONED:
Hants&IOW POLICE
SURREY POLICE
SOUTH BERKSHIRE (BRACKNELL FOREST) POLICE
HDC DOG WARDENS
RUSHMOOR DOG WARDENS
BRACKNELL FORECT DOG WARDENS
RSPCA
Vets:
Yateley
Firgrove Veterinary Centre
7, Aylesham Way, Yateley, Hampshire GU46 6NR
• Tel: 01252 877799
Kynoch Vets
Forge Court, Reading Rd, Yateley, Hampshire GU46 7RX
• Tel: 01252 873569

Sandhurst
Ashworth Veterinary Group

Branksome Hill Road, Sandhurst, GU47 0QE
• Tel: 01276 34963
• 01252 542121 - cove
• 01252 616136 - fleet

Camberley
Blackwater Valley Veterinary Centres

216, Gordon Avenue, Camberley, Surrey GU15 2NT
• Tel: 01276 22193

PHOENIX VETERINARY CENTRE

93, Portsmouth Rd, Camberley, Surrey GU15 1HT
• Tel: 01276 535664
Kevin J McCullen

Elm Cottage Veterinary Centre, 230, Frimley Green Rd, Frimley Green, Camberley, Surrey GU16 6LL
• Tel: 01252 837154
Windlebrook Veterinary Clinic

46, High Street, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5AW
Tel: 01276 473516

Home delivery network (Reading branch)
PO (Camberley)

3 c’s Cattery

List getting longer

Maisie

phoenix
20th August 2010, 10:17 AM

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 10:19 AM
This is already done I have rang petlog im emailing local rescues and vets etc

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:24 AM

thankyou, but if i phone them with my debit card, they can update, surely?

many thanks all.

about to phone local papers and radio....

Maisie

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 10:25 AM

thankyou, but if i phone them with my debit card, they can update, surely?

many thanks all.

about to phone local papers and radio....
No you cant upgrade as she is registered to the rescue I will ring now and upgrade this straight away

Maisie

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:35 AM
more up to date picture....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/dogposhpaws/DSCF0023.jpg

more on Gil's facebook page

Maisie

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 10:35 AM
I have upgraded so services offered will now be in place

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 10:36 AM
No you cant upgrade as she is registered to the rescue I will ring now and upgrade this straight away

Let me know how much and i will reimburse you

Maisie

trisha
20th August 2010, 11:15 AM
Oh no :( hopefully she is found very soon x

Best wishes to Gil :rose:

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 12:10 PM

Let me know how much and i will reimburse you

Maisie

its ok Maisie dont worry about it

vickylizzy
20th August 2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear this. :( Fingers crossed for some good news soon.

kelly-joy
20th August 2010, 02:21 PM
:cry3: hope she is found safe soon

JennyC
20th August 2010, 02:38 PM
Have posted on our FB pages.

:cross: she comes back soon.

babyloveya3
20th August 2010, 04:04 PM
A bit of an update on this I have spoken to Gill, the white van was a home delivery service they have contacted them the drive saw her when he delivered something, he has checked his depot and the van he had yesterday, I wondered if Skye had jumped in the van and got out at one of the delivery homes so she is going to check :crossed:.

kelly-joy
20th August 2010, 04:14 PM
:crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

RACR
20th August 2010, 04:55 PM
A bit of an update on this I have spoken to Gill, the white van was a home delivery service they have contacted them the drive saw her when he delivered something, he has checked his depot and the van he had yesterday, I wondered if Skye had jumped in the van and got out at one of the delivery homes so she is going to check :crossed:.

Fingers crossed.. Are they going to contact all the people they delivered to yesterday and the depot, as she could be hiding away easily in the depot..

moomoobears
20th August 2010, 05:07 PM
Poor Skye :cry3: , Fingers crossed she is found safe and sound very soon :crossed:

kelly-joy
20th August 2010, 05:11 PM
:crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: I have posted up on loads of forums for you too.

maisiedarley
20th August 2010, 08:23 PM
Still no news.

Have put up 160 new posters (thankyou Pauline for the suggestions) in a 15 mile radius, leafleted every property in a 5 mile radius, all vets, animals wardens, rescues, catteries, Post offices/newsagents'/Mini Markets/CAB/Police stations in a 20 mile radius have posters.

Gil out calling her again, plodding the streets tonight - couldn't stop her, LOL (She needs to be doing something, anything, but comes back so disheatened and exhausted. This is not doing her CFS any good at all.)

Home delivery network local office is checking all their vans, drivers, and have given me a rough idea of the route taken by our delivery driver, Roger (really nice man), so will leaflet all the propeties on his route tomorrow, if not already done.

Eagle Radio (Guildford) have given us a 15 second slot to put an advert out.
(I think Gil is registered with preloved, but I cant get onto it to put an advert up there, could anyone else help with that please?)

Your prayers and positive thoughts would be much appreciated,
And thankyou so much to all those who have helped put the word out thus far...

Maisie

zbourner
20th August 2010, 08:28 PM
Oh my goodness only just seen this. So sorry to hear of this will keep an eye and ear out down here.

Hope Skye comes home safe and sound soon.

x x x

JennyC
20th August 2010, 09:10 PM
Have posted on preloved for you

RACR
20th August 2010, 09:59 PM
Hopefuly with wider coverage and lots of leafleting etc.. like you have done some one will find her and hand her in.. Preying hard for her return xx

maisiedarley
21st August 2010, 05:15 AM
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10672 (http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10672)

G XXXXXXXXXX

jerry
21st August 2010, 05:35 AM
just to add,thankyou to all for the good advice and hard work put into trying to find Skye :)

saintmark
27th April 2011, 10:21 PM
ive moved to archive with other thread that went with this one