PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in Kinlochleven Scotland

kelly-joy
25th August 2010, 01:35 PM
Pat at small paws rescue needs help to get a feral cat to her rescue,she has a trap if someone can collect it to take to where the cat is and then bring the cat to her when its in the trap. The lady that has been feeding this cat is moving to wales soon soo this cat needs to go into the rescue ASAP. Pat can't leave the rescue unattended so if anyone can help please pm myself or her.

kelly-joy
25th August 2010, 02:03 PM
posted on other sites :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: someone can help

smallpaws
25th August 2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks Kelly-Joy.

I've heard more from this lady plus some photos. The cat looks so healthy I thought it probably actually belonged to somebody, but she's been feeding it since April and it lives out in an old shed in her garden. Nobody in the area knows where it came from, but cats usually head for a 'sucker' so it probably is a feral! I'm still trying to find out from her when she moves away. I hate to think of this wee thing sitting on an empty doorstep waiting for somebody to open the door with some food :(

As you probably know, I run a boarding cattery alongside the rescue - it's the boarding side which prevents me from leaving the property for long periods of time.

Pat

kelly-joy
25th August 2010, 02:35 PM
Don't worry I trying to find someone now,be in touch as soon as I do :)

smallpaws
25th August 2010, 02:47 PM
I forgot to say that the SSPCA has refused to help.

OK, just found out (like getting blood out of a stone) that she's moving the first week of October.

Pat

kelly-joy
25th August 2010, 03:25 PM
This is stored Truman from here is going to help on Tuesday :thanks2: :flowers: Moria :hug:

jerry
25th August 2010, 04:14 PM
thanks Truman :rock:

smallpaws
25th August 2010, 06:52 PM
Oh, wonderful! Thank you :4:

Beth
25th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Great news. xxx

trisha
28th August 2010, 10:12 AM
Just seen this, great news, well done Truman :grin:

kelly-joy
28th August 2010, 03:24 PM
Happy to say that someone called Donald Clarke saw my appeal for help on another site and has offered to help Pat as well, so between them hopefully they will be able to get this cat safely to Pat at small paws :rock:

moomoobears
28th August 2010, 03:27 PM
Thats great news :)

trisha
28th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Well done Donald Clarke :clap: :goodonu:

smallpaws
28th August 2010, 04:00 PM
This is why I prefer animals to humans.

Just been on the phone to this woman to arrange trapping and she's now saying that her cousin might want the cat and she'll get back to me about it in a few days time (I wish you had a 'smilie' for wanting to murder somebody, or for being severely p*ssed off). Donald Clark, bless him, says he'll just wait and go if necessary. Wouldn't you have thought she'd have let us know?

So, thanks for pulling all the stops out Kelly-Joy, and everyone else for that matter.

Pat

JennyC
28th August 2010, 04:02 PM
oh :( I wish people would just sort themselves out before they ask for help..

People have spent all this time and effort to sort out this cat for them and now they're just being a pain :bangwall:

trisha
28th August 2010, 04:18 PM
Well I hope she doesnt leave it to the last minute about whats happening with the cat, and keeps you up to date with things x Also hope the wee thing doesnt become pregnant in the mean time if its a girl.

smallpaws
31st August 2010, 08:20 PM
We're still trying to sort this out. Moira is here in Oban and willing to go and try to get this cat, we're waiting to hear from this woman. Home phone, mobile and emails haven't been answered. Cross your fingers she gets back to us tonight or in the morning. I spoke to her a couple of days ago and she says her cousin does not want the cat and she still wants us to take it. :dontget:

trisha
31st August 2010, 08:28 PM
Unbelieveable, if she is so concerned for the cat she should be calling you and keeping you up to date with things. Hopefully the cat will be safe very soon. x

smallpaws
1st September 2010, 04:05 PM
Well, despite more phone calls and emails, plus facebook messages from somebody else, this dear lady never got back to me. So Moira (Truman), who deserves a huge gold medal, travelled up there, saw the person, trapped the cat, and brought it back! It doesn't act like a feral, and we're speculating that it was actually the lady's cat. Still, doesn't matter, it's safe :ghug:

jerry
1st September 2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you Pat,It seems Truman has come up trumps for this little cat,Huge thanks and hugs to you both

:rock: :grouphug: :squeeze: :hug: :ghug: :gstar: :gstar: :gstar: :clap: :clap: :clap:

kelly-joy
1st September 2010, 07:28 PM
great news thanks Moria :gstar: :gstar: :gstar: and :gstar: :gstar: :gstar: to Pat for taking this poor girl in