View Full Version : Good home offered

3rd September 2010, 01:42 PM
Hi, I've been doing some enquiries, and I've decided to get a dog not long after I have my baby the day before halloween (fingers crossed for halloween). I'm looking for a rescue dog, I really don't want a puppy, and I don't want a jack russell or similar type dog, but I'm after a small to medium dog. | am willing to take a staffy (love staffies), or other bull breed, providing they are ok with hamsters, and children (I have a 4 1/2 year old, and will have a baby). I live in central Southend, in a ground floor flat with garden, and I am in walking distance to loads of different parks, 1 being a proper dog park. I know it could take a while to find an adult dog, that will be ok with a baby, so thought I'd start looking now. I have already left a message for sharon at rescue remedies about the gorgeous Gizmo, but will appreciate other dogs that need a home put forward please, as I might be too far away from Gizmo, or he might not be compatible to live with me and my 2 girls. :)

3rd September 2010, 02:01 PM
:thumb: :)

4th September 2010, 07:16 PM
How about Marley?

She is 10 month old and is a lovely Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross. She's great with children, dogs and cat

www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk (http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk)

4th September 2010, 07:50 PM
She is gorgeous! Such a smiley face! Where is she being kept at the mo?

4th September 2010, 08:24 PM
She is gorgeous! Such a smiley face! Where is she being kept at the mo?
She is a beauty :supersmile:

Marley is currently stuck in kennels in South Wales as we haven't yet been able to find her a foster home but we do re home across the UK

4th September 2010, 08:26 PM
She is a pretty girl :crossed:

4th September 2010, 08:32 PM
Is there a way of getting her down here? Because my daughters at school I wouldnt be able to get there, but Im very interested in her. And shes definitely good with babies aswell as older children? :)

4th September 2010, 08:34 PM
Will just double check about her baby status :)

4th September 2010, 08:37 PM
Ok thankyou :biggrin:

4th September 2010, 09:27 PM

5th September 2010, 10:00 AM
Sorry but our adoption coordinator says;
"Marley is still in kennels so has not been assessed in a foster home yet. We wouldn't therefore feel it best to rehome her with very young children at this stage"

Marley has been waiting for a foster or forever home since June :(

5th September 2010, 10:08 AM
Thats a shame,poor marley :please2: :anyone: .

You will find youre dog soon :glwave:

5th September 2010, 10:24 AM
What about this little one, right on your doorstep Too :high5:

Titch – 2 year old female Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Titch is a 2 year old female Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She is very nervous to begin with but really comes out of her shell when she gets to know you! She is very friendly and loves to be cuddled. She get on well with other dogs and can be rehomed with children of any age

Acresway Kennels Southend on Sea Essex

For further details regarding adopting a dog from Acresway Kennels please telephone 01268 770402 or email [email protected] Please call to make an appointment before visiting to avoid disappointment. Address: Acresway Kennels, Great Burches Lane, Thundersley, Essex.

Let us know :) :cross:

5th September 2010, 10:43 AM
Awww she is beautiful, not unlike my Missy actually :biggrin:

Good luck x

5th September 2010, 05:22 PM
Shes a gorgeous doggy too, I didnt know there was a kennels so near to me, thankyou, Ill hunt out the number :)

5th September 2010, 05:42 PM
Shes a gorgeous doggy too, I didnt know there was a kennels so near to me, thankyou, Ill hunt out the number :)

Acresway Kennels please telephone 01268 770402 or email [email protected]

done :)

5th September 2010, 05:44 PM
:) thankyou

6th September 2010, 07:55 PM
:dance: Thankyou for posting the number of acresway to me, i rang them, Titch has gone, but they said to go up, as they had 4 dogs good with any age of children, and Lucy (my daughter) and me, fell in love with a brindle staffy cross girl, shes gorgeous, and we are getting her tomorrow, soooo excited! :4: Lucy also fell in love with a dog de bordeux cross, a bit big for my flat lol, bless her!

6th September 2010, 07:58 PM
Oh Nicky that's GREAT news!!!

Don't forget some piccies please!!! :D

6th September 2010, 08:12 PM
fab news :claphigh: , Do post up in happy endings when you get your new baby :)

7th September 2010, 08:16 AM
:hapdan: :hapdan: :hapdan: :current: :chickendance:

Another one rehomed :hdance: :hdance: :hdance: :hdance:

:congrats5: :lovethissite: :tpr: :alukawesome:

7th September 2010, 06:30 PM
I picked her up today, shes lovely, shes good on the lead, house broken, LOVES kids, but is a bit underweight, and follows me or my daughter everywhere, think shes a bit worried about being left, think her previous owners dumped her :(, but shes mine now :) I :lovesparkle: her!

7th September 2010, 06:31 PM
great news :picplease: