PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts for rescues Appeal

kelly-joy
6th October 2010, 10:06 AM
We have been giving some thought as to what we can do to help rescues over Christmas and as we don't have the funds to give every rescue money :( We have come up with the idea of the Christmas gifts Appeal :4: What we would like to do is get the rescues and pound workers on here to put a list of things they most need, such as beds, dog coats, washing powder, cat baskets, blankets, towels, newspapers, food, toys etc. and then we will try to get those things off the list by:

1. Asking members and other volunteers to help make pet beds, toys etc and use the craft section to put up how to's of how to make things so we can all have ago at making things. :supersmile:

2. Contacting companies, posting on sites such as Freecycle to try to get these things donated. Members can also look at the lists to see if they have these things lying around the home unused that they wouldn't mind donating to the appeal.

Hopefully this way we can all have a bit of fun as well as really making a difference to some poor animals winter that don't have a home at Christmas. :ghug: :hdance: :hdance: :hdance:

kelly-joy
9th October 2010, 08:16 PM
We will soon be sending out emails to explain everything better but would just like to post up to see if anyone would be interested in becoming a regional coordinators to help with this appeal. Here is a list of some of things you will be required to do. Please put here or pm me if you would like some more info or if you are interested in becoming a regional coordinator .

Some of the things you will need to be able to do

Will need to contact

1. Local vets to see if they will let us have the food and meds like wormer's that are just about to go out of date and anything they get donated for animals such as Cat carriers,vet bed etc.

2. Local media, local newspapers,local magazines like the free ones that come through your door

3.Local sites such as freecyle and local classified sites

4.Local craft people to see if they will make things and put how tos of how to make things so people on here can have a go at making things if they want to help.

5. Local companies that deal with pets related things

6. Perhaps local uni's and colleges that have textile courses to see if they will help.

7. put posters up in the local area to make sure as many people as possible hear about our appeal

and anything else you can think of that may help to make the appeal a success :)

Indysrascals
13th October 2010, 09:44 PM
I would be happy to try and help unless someone has already volunteered? I've got a few other things im doing trying to raise funds for people but if no one else in my area offers i'll do it :)

kelly-joy
14th October 2010, 07:23 AM
:thanks2: :flowers: I will pm you later to tell you more about it :gstar:

kelly-joy
31st October 2010, 04:31 PM
to see rescues wish lists please go to

viewtopic.php?f=316&t=12390 (http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=316&t=12390)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13010 (http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13010)