Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
Sex: Male
neutered? Yes
fully vaccinated? Yes
micro chipped? Yes
de fled: Yes
wormed: Yes
Reason for for re homing:
Daughter of current owner bought the dog and then left home for university leaving billy behind. Current owner works full time and is out of the house for 9+ hours this is not suitable for billy as she can not get back to let him out etc. He is a very loving dog and needs someone who has more time for him. Owner also has arthritis which make caring for billy harder. Owner feels bad but shouldnt have been left in this situation in the first place.

Are they used to dogs? Billy is submissive with other dogs but has not had the opportunity to interact with many
Are they used to cats? Never tried
Are they used to children? Yes
if so what age: Billy has been around children aged 7 +
Do they have any toileting problems. No
Do they have any behaviour problems: No
Do they have any medical problems: No
Period of time they are left alone? At present is being left alone for 9+ hours however this is not suitable for him
what type of home are you looking for: Someone who can give him more time and lots of love as he is very loving back
Will they need to go to training classes? Possibly
Exercise requirements? Walk twice a day
How urgently they do you need them out of the home: Asap for Billy

Other information

lauren-india
12th November 2010, 04:23 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o253/lauren-india/Billy.jpg

Photo of Billy xx

zbourner
12th November 2010, 04:34 PM
Ahhh what a cutie fingers crossed for this little one. xx

lauren-india
12th November 2010, 05:19 PM
He is lovely Zoe. And I feel so bad for his owner she is our admin in work. She thinks everyone will think bad of her but its not fair on billy now. From meeting him I know hed be a great dog just he doesn't get enough time with anyone he's on his own to long in the day. Oo needed to add that he is liverpool. I hope he find someone for his and her sake xxx

ellem
12th November 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't think anyone will think badly of her, she is just doing the best thing for Billy.

There is always The Yorkie and Toy Breed Rescue if she needs help to home him.
http://www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk/

lauren-india
12th November 2010, 05:52 PM
i keep telling her that but dont think she believes me :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. shall i contact them directly? xx

ellem
12th November 2010, 06:04 PM
Yes you could do. There are details on the link I posted. Please tell her not to worry.

My first foster was a little Yorkie from Liverpool, whose owner died and a relative took the dog in. The person then looking after her did her best, but eventually had to ask for help in getting a good home, as she felt the dog wasn't getting enough attention. I fostered her for a few weeks and the rescue found her the most wonderful home with a lady who has lots of time, and it was just great. So you look at that and think how good it was that the person asked for help.

And much better to do something about it now, rather than letting things getting to crisis point.

naomi
12th November 2010, 06:06 PM
If only he was closer to here :aww:

lauren-india
12th November 2010, 06:14 PM
i shal tell her that storey might make her feel bit better. I followed the link, thank you i will contact them :) thats the other thing im sure between freinds and colleagues we could sort transport for him. Thanks guys xxx

Yorkiegirl
12th November 2010, 07:00 PM
i shal tell her that storey might make her feel bit better. I followed the link, thank you i will contact them :) thats the other thing im sure between freinds and colleagues we could sort transport for him. Thanks guys xxx

Hi Lauren
My name is Sue the owner of Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue. We have foster carers all across the UK so transport possibly would not be required.
If you want to have a chat you can give me a call. If this lady requires help we are happy to. We never judge anyone, circumstances change for people, at least she has made the first step realising he needs more than she feels she can give

Yorkiegirl
12th November 2010, 08:32 PM
We have offered a rescue space for Billy & wll be talking to the owner tomorrow. Thank you Lauren for the chat, I hope that all goes well.

lauren-india
12th November 2010, 08:44 PM
No thank you Sue, you guys are :angel2 s

So good to know there are people about that can answer the phone and offer practical help not just for the dog but also for the owners in need.

xx

greenowl30
12th November 2010, 09:59 PM
Lauren are you rescue back up?? If so I do know of a potential home, should I get details to forward to you??

Yorkiegirl
12th November 2010, 11:53 PM
Lauren are you rescue back up?? If so I do know of a potential home, should I get details to forward to you??
Hi Greenowl30
We are more than likey taking Billy into our rescue, Lauren is a work colleague of the owner. You could forward details to our rescue if you wish.

kelly-joy
13th November 2010, 01:05 PM
Thats great news Sue :gstar: :gstar: :gstar: for helping this little one

ellem
14th November 2010, 09:52 PM
I think I'm going to be fostering Billy for the Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Breed Rescue, once we get the transport sorted out. :whisper:

kelly-joy
16th November 2010, 11:04 AM
great news :rock:

ellem
20th November 2010, 06:13 PM
This fabulous little dog is now being fostered with me until he finds his forever home. If anyone is interested in him, his details will be on the rescue's website, The Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Breed Rescue.

Gotta go, he wants to play!

kelly-joy
21st November 2010, 06:44 PM
great news :4: :4: :4: :4:

ellem
11th December 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm delighted to say that Billy went to his forever home today. He has been adopted by a wonderful family with two super children. They came down all the way from Scotland to meet him. He loved them immediately and went off very happily with them.

A lovely happy ending.

Liz

jerry
12th December 2010, 09:05 AM
Well done Liz and all concerned in helping Billy safely to his new forever home :gstar: :gstar:

me-n-max
12th December 2010, 09:14 AM
WELL DONE ALL :clap:

:woo: Good luck in your new home Billy :woo:

Chris