PDA

View Full Version : Missing dog - longhaired miniature dachsund

ellem
24th November 2010, 09:58 PM
My friend's little dog Sophie went missing this afternoon. She is a Shaded Red colour (silky golden) and not yet 2. She is microchipped and is wearing a colour.

She went missing from The Rainbow Trail, between Foel and Pont Llogel, about 15 miles from Welshpool, Powys, SY21. This is a popular area with dog walkers and riders.

I've put her details on the DogLost website. If anyone has friends who walk these trails please would you let them know.

Thank you so much,

Liz

me-n-max
24th November 2010, 10:12 PM
Poor little Sophie, hope she is found safe soon it’s so cold tonight. :(

Chris

ellem
24th November 2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Chris. I know, it's freezing here, and she is such a little thing. Her owner is distraught. I don't think she will get much sleep tonight.

Yorkiegirl
24th November 2010, 11:53 PM
Picture of little Sophie
http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/14/55/16/34/sophie10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=84&u=14551634)
Please ask anyone you know in the area to keep an eye out. Posted on all sites we can think of.
Thank you

Mattie
25th November 2010, 11:23 AM
Dogs are very good at finding warm, comfy places to sleep in, wind is the worst as it lifts their coats and lets the cold air in. Dogs coats keep a layer of air between them and the cold air which helps keep them warm.

Your friend will get quite a bit of help from the people on Dog Lost.

ellem
25th November 2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Mattie. That does help. There's ice and snow here today :(

ellem
25th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Found her! Found her! Found her!

My friend has just called in - she found Sophie an hour ago. She'd been up looking and spoke to a logger who said he'd seen what he thought was a fox cub. That gave her hope as it's not the right time of year for fox cubs. So kept looking and looking and finally saw her on the track.

Sooooo happy for her.

Thanks for your help guys. You were right Mattie, it's amazing that they can survive a night out like that in subzero temperatures.

me-n-max
25th November 2010, 05:45 PM
That’s great news I’m so pleased she is safe.

:hapdan:
Welcome home Sophie

Chris

ket
25th November 2010, 06:05 PM
So glad she's found!! :cheer: :goodjob: :cheer:

kelly-joy
25th November 2010, 08:04 PM
great news :woo:

saintmark
26th April 2011, 10:08 AM
will move to archive