PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Christmas Appeal

kelly-joy
7th December 2010, 05:28 PM
As our 2nd appeal over Christmas we would like to find people who would be willing to foster a dog/puppy/cat/kitten in rescue for the 2 week Christmas period.
Rescues have given us permission to look for foster homes for their animals so they don't have to stay in kennels and cages but enjoy being part of a family even if it is only for 2 weeks. I must stress that is only for a 2 week period but if you would like to carry on fostering or even adopt at the end of it do let us know and we will pass your information on to the rescue you will be fostering for. You will be required to have a home check so please let us know sooner rather than later if its something you would like to do. If anyone is interested in doing this or has any questions please feel free to contact us on [email protected] or pm JennyC. Christmas is a time for giving and what better gift to give then fostering an animal at Christmas/ :gift:

st4ceylovesyou
12th December 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi! we would be more than willing to take on another one this christmas! Let me know if you need any extra homes! Can be home checked, if need be xxx

me-n-max
12th December 2010, 03:20 PM
Despite what some people say :naughty: :alukawesome: :lovethissite:

Let’s make this appeal the best idea ever.
By giving lots and lots of our friends a :mc3:
:tree33: :mc4: :tree33:
:xmasdog: :rudolph: :santa: :rudolph: :xmascat:

I think we should all post lots of Christmas pics and stories of the foster animals having a great time.

How about a photo competition for all that take part in this appeal.

We will put up the prize.

Chris

Cat Detective
12th December 2010, 09:05 PM
Feline Network would love for someone in the Devon area to come forward to help - pleeeeeeease !

JennyC
12th December 2010, 10:38 PM
We've had around 30 people reply to this wanting to do fostering and have now got 2 problems

1 - not enough rescues who'd use it.
2 - no homechecks

Any ideas on how to fix this would be great

Oh and Debs I may have someone for you
Chris - that's brilliant idea thank you for this. I'd like to be able to overcome those problems though if possible.

:thanks:

me-n-max
12th December 2010, 11:07 PM
Norfolk seems to be in crises maybe we should target them.

Chris

JennyC
12th December 2010, 11:09 PM
If we can get some norfolk rescues on board then i'll happily start looking for some in Norfolk but we desperatly need homecheckers too.

me-n-max
13th December 2010, 04:20 PM
I know what is needed so I can do any in my area.

Chris

JennyC
13th December 2010, 09:57 PM
:thanks: chris - will see if there are any

kelly-joy
27th January 2011, 08:33 PM
Some stories from fosters who fostered at Christmas can be found here
viewforum.php?f=209 (http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewforum.php?f=209)
:thanks2: :flowers: to all helped this appeal to be a success :doghug: :cathug:

We are always looking for new fosters and home checkers to help us to continue to do the work we do for rescues and animals so please get in touch with a member of staff if you think you can help :thanksf: