PDA

View Full Version : Understanding CAT fosterer Needed please from 1st MARCH

maisiedarley
3rd February 2011, 08:14 AM
We are expecting two female House-cats from a cruelty Case on the 1st March 2011, coming to us via the RSPCA and Police.

Both have suffered mental cruelty, but otherwise are fit and healthy, so we understand.
1 will be recently spayed, both will need worming and de-flea-ing, both will eventually need their jabs. Both will need feeding up with a proprietary cat food (had human food/scraps previously) which we will provide.

Ideally the Fosterer will be in the Basingstoke, Yateley, Fleet, Farnborough (Cove/Pystock), Crowthorne, Bracknell, Frimley (Camberley), or Wokingham areas to be near the vets we use.

Both need lots of love, and careful handling, and confidence-building especially around Humans.

Neither have experience of other animals apart from cats in the home environment, no dogs or small furries, and preferable no children, but someone who is at home for the best part of the day, or works from home.

A Homecheck will be done, and a Fostering agreement will need to be filled in and signed. We will provide 24/7 support if needed, all food, vet care and some requisites. all you need supply is lots of love, patience and understanding!

Call, PM, or email [email protected]

Tagalong
4th February 2011, 06:33 PM
I guess you use Kynochs Surgeries ??
One of my 2 bosses used to be manager at Ralph's Ride before Ivan -he left to set up his own partnership in Marlow where i worked then they moved to 2 surgeries in Hants.
Are the cats with RSPCA now ? won't they do the worming and defleaing and spey ?
If only I had a spare room :(
do you have any idea of the age yet ? Is it a long term foster while the cruelty case is dealt with or is that why the date is March ? or just to settle them and rehome ?

maisiedarley
4th February 2011, 06:47 PM
Yes Val, we use Kynochs (mostly in Yateley), I've known Jonathan for too many years, Ivan before him, and Mr Kynoch Senior before Ivan!

Cats are still in the original home, no-one can get to them before March 1st. Legal stuff to wade through allegedly, mainly because no actual physical cruelty evident.

Vet will do spaying on one, and worming and defleaing on both on 1st March.
Don't know ages yet, but we believe them to be less than 3 years old. Don't know colours yet either.
No, it won't be a long term foster, just long enough to get spaying, jabs, assessments etc done, then put up for rehoming.

pity your spare room not available,

know anyone local?

Tagalong
4th February 2011, 07:41 PM
sadly I don't have a spare room -front bed =cats room / back bed =Widget in her aviary with cat litter trays / front small bed =bunnies in their half a room plus Boris toilet facilities / back big bed =us
down lounge =Angel puss /Dinig =ratties /Kitchen =Lovebirds and hamster
tis a 4 bed detached though :doh2:
Did you know Scott Crae at Harman's Water at all ?: or Nadia?
If it's not physical cruelty then how can they prove it ?
Ice my Siamese was a cruelty case because she was left to have litter after litter with her brother and sons in a garage looked after by a neighbour who was getting attacked by the 'feral 'Siameses. They fined him etc and he handed the cats over to rescue rather than pay boarding fees -they weren't his they belonged to a friend who had gone to Australia :doh2:

maisiedarley
4th February 2011, 08:24 PM
Is scott still there? I thought he'd moved on. Don't know Nadia (but if ya go to our links page then look in the Kynoch's links it shows all the staff there now.

This case is complicated. and I'm sworn to silence thanks to the Data Protection Act. Grr

Who you got in the hallway? Is it big enough for a very large crate? (Like a great dane crate)....

LOL

Tagalong
4th February 2011, 08:46 PM
Scott bought a practice in Marlow with a partner called Steve who used to locum at Kynochs -I worked there for 3 years as a receptionist and in truth the Practice manager almost I also qualified as an Animal Nursing Assistant to enable me to help in theatre etc then they ended up being made an offer for it and now Scott has 2 surgeries near Portsmouth -I knew Mr Scott Crae well :supersmile: I was a client at Kynochs before he got the place in Marlow and I followed him to there and asked for a job :blush: Steve worked with me more than Scott and I miss both of them .

erm nope the hallway is tiny -so is the porch :roll:
Ug -troble is all the info you need to help find them a fosterer and home you can't get -must be very frustrating and doesn't help the cats.
It's a long shot but you could try Bev who runs her own rescue CLAWS -she's a friend of mine and I can vouch for her care and would recommend her to anyone -she may be able to help -she lives in Maidenhead but it's the Bracknell end more -she also has fosterers who help her. http://www.claws.org.uk/

maisiedarley
4th February 2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for that, will give Bev (or Sue) a call in the morning.

Keep a look out though if you discover anyone else in the area that might be able to help.

Ta Muchly
xxxx

maisiedarley
4th February 2011, 09:26 PM
Latest is:
1 female cat approx 2.5 years old, all black DSH neutered moggie.
1 female cat, approx 18 months old, DLH (possibly Maine Coon X) grey mottled colour, entire.

I asked today for more info, cos I needed more info to be able to find them a foster home from the 1st March. Fortunately the Policelady I spoke to knew something about cats!

vickylizzy
5th February 2011, 12:18 PM
Poor babies. :( :please2: can anyone help? :cross:

maisiedarley
5th February 2011, 02:21 PM
:please2: :anyone:

:bump: :bump2: :bump2: :bump:

malibu
16th February 2011, 06:23 PM
Poor little things, I hope they find somewhere soon x

maisiedarley
16th February 2011, 07:08 PM
you offering Tina?

jerry
16th February 2011, 07:50 PM
:)

maisiedarley
16th February 2011, 09:00 PM
These cats literally got dumped here this afternoon.
I heard the door bell, went to answer it, and one cat at a time "flew" at me.
Both are extremely traumatised by the experience.

Since no space has been found for them, they are both here in two (Loaned) ISO units, and both are settling nicely, though one is still a little hissy, and refuses to come out of the carrier box (making the ISO Unit a little bit more cramped for her than I would like, but it's all I can do for now)

But anyway, their future will be decided by our vet tomorrow.

Tagalong
16th February 2011, 09:17 PM
Poor you -how nice for them to arrange delivery !!!!! :doh2:
could only offer a space in the garage but don't have a spare kitty pen or crate :roll: -it does appear to have resident field mice-who chewed into my spare cat litter bag so now I feed them :shh: -we don't use it for the cars though more for storage .

Tagalong
16th February 2011, 09:26 PM
But anyway, their future will be decided by our vet tomorrow.
:uh: that sounds a bit ominous :DD

maisiedarley
17th February 2011, 10:25 PM
Sorted. They are now both with Pipps in Godalming.

They have both suffered physically, thank God nothing broken, just severe bruisings. And they are both psychologically scarred. It's going to take a long time and a very understanding and dedicated Foster Mum to bring them round to liking Humans again.

kelly-joy
18th February 2011, 09:27 AM
great news Gill, I am sure Pipps will give them just the care and TLC that they need. Do post pics of them Pipps when they settle in with you a bit so we can all see :supersmile:

maisiedarley
18th February 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry but Pipps will not be allowed to post up on here or anywhere pics of these two yet.
They are part of an ongoing cruelty case, and because of that, (dataprotection) and pending legal proceedings it would be preferable if pics weren't put into the public domain.

sorry,

Later on, perhaps Pipps and we could do a little write up, but for the moment, no.

Please Pipps, email me any pics, and I'll hold them, or pas the onto the solicitor, and when he says ok, we can put them up in here.
OK.

Next??

jerry
18th February 2011, 10:35 AM
Next what?

Its all so sad, but when allowed you had better be clicky click with the camera Pipps :supersmile:

maisiedarley
18th February 2011, 01:55 PM
Next what?

Its all so sad, but when allowed you had better be clicky click with the camera Pipps :supersmile:

Sorry, have had sooo many questions about these two, so that's why I wrote "next?"
meaning next question?

LOL

Pipps
18th February 2011, 02:53 PM
Just to let everyone know that the ladies have settled in very well already! Both are gorgeous cats and have kept some trust in humans which is amazing considering their past! Will do a photo shooting this afternoon so Gil can post them if and when :)

jerry
18th February 2011, 03:52 PM
Great news im so pleased for them :rose:

And for you Gil :rose:

maisiedarley
18th February 2011, 04:47 PM
My gut instinct was right then, it seems, all they needed IMHO was a kind word, a soft hand, and a warm heart.

I'm just so pleased and soooo happy that Pipps agreed to take them, cos my gut instinct about her was right too, she IS the right person for these two cats.

maisiedarley
19th February 2011, 08:47 AM
Latest:

(From Pipps)

I've spent some supervised time with them outside the crate and all went well. After they had a stroll and a sniff they went back in the crate by themselves. No trouble at all. Both are okay with being stroked as long as you approach them slowly. A good first day I would say :)

A slight worry might be that they aren't big eaters yet. Since yesterday they only had half a bowl of biscutis and some wet food. I'll keep an eye on it.