PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help Oscar?

crazycatman
13th February 2011, 05:49 PM
Hi, I received an email from a couple who have taken on their deceased Nan's burmese cat, Oscar. They don't want him and say they do not like his overly demanding and affectionate nature. They said, in their words, they have no real affection for him and just want him rehomed. He is constantly miaowing and pestering them ( their words again ). I expect this poor boy was used to love and cuddles from his owner and is lost and mourning her and wanting comfort which he obviously isn't getting. he needs to get out asap. I've asked them to give me a few days to sort something, but my heart is going out to him. He needs a cuddle. i just cannot take any more at the moment. Can anybody help?
Thanks, Terry. :(

Northwind
13th February 2011, 05:52 PM
pm'd you.

kelly-joy
14th February 2011, 09:48 AM
contact these rescues they will help, Lady Pasty Yardley is brilliant so try her first
Lady Yardley

01865 554831

[email protected]
she is from
BURMESE: THE BURMESE CAT CLUB - REHOMING
Registered Charity no: 1094488
Tel: 01483 828625
Website: www.burmesecatclub.com (http://www.burmesecatclub.com)

you can also try

BURMESE CAT RESCUE - BRISTOL
Tel: 0117 972 0414

BURMESE: BCS RESCUE & WELFARE
Web: www.burmesecatsociety.org.uk/bcsrescue.html (http://www.burmesecatsociety.org.uk/bcsrescue.html)

BURMESE: ASIAN CAT GROUP SOCIETY - REHOMING
For other enquiries regarding Asian cat welfare and rehoming, please contact the AGCS Welfare Officer.
Tel: 0151 286 0066
Website: www.asiangroupcatsociety.co.uk/page12.html (http://www.asiangroupcatsociety.co.uk/page12.html)

crazycatman
14th February 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks so much for the info. Will contact them.XXX

16th February 2011, 02:04 PM
Any luck? :crossed:

crazycatman
16th February 2011, 09:35 PM
Now they're not answering my emails. I sent them one last night saying I can pick him up at the weekend, but they didn't answer the one before either. I'm getting a bit concerned just in case they've done anything awful. I'll keep trying,maybe they'll get sick of me and contact me just to get me off their backs. I just hope he's ok. I'll let you know what happens.

kelly-joy
17th February 2011, 12:19 PM
sounds like they may of homed him already then :rolleyes:

Cat Detective
17th February 2011, 12:55 PM
I will have space next week Terry if your still stuck.

Bark
17th February 2011, 04:31 PM
Where about is he, and is he neuterd?

crazycatman
18th February 2011, 01:27 AM
Hi, good news, Oscar's peoplejust contacted me and told me I could pick him up Sunday at any time. Didn't give me their addressbut I replied askking for that and said I would be there about 3pm. At presentI know nothing about him, except the derogatory comments they made about him. I've been thinking about him for a couple of days, so am very relieved that they have finally got in touch. He has been offered a home in Wiltshire by an ALUK member, so will PM her to see if she can still take him. If not I have list of Burmese rescues kindly given to me by Kelly Joy. Thanks to all for your concern, I'll keep you posted.
Terry.

Cat Detective
18th February 2011, 02:04 AM
oh is that Nicky (Northwind) - she has fostered for Feline Network before now :)

jerry
18th February 2011, 09:18 AM
Glad all sorted Keep us updated :rock:

crazycatman
18th February 2011, 11:09 PM
:DD Hi, an update on Oscar. Thanks so much to everyone for their offers of help, and to Nicky for offering him a home. However, my sister has been wanting a cat for ages as she's always had siamese and birmans and her husband has finally given in and has said she can have Oscar. I am picking him up on Sunday. My sister adores her animals and in August is moving to Dawlish. She is going to help me with Miaow as we will be able to see much more of each other. She is wonderful at organising stuff. I may even be able to persuade her to do the odd transport run. So it all worked out ok. Thanks again,
Terry.

jerry
18th February 2011, 11:15 PM
Great news for Oscar, say thanks from us Terry, looking forward to meeting your sister :)

crazycatman
19th February 2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks to all who offered advice about Oscar, thankfully his owners have finally emailed me their address so I can get him away and give him the comfort and attention he is obviously craving. The good news is that my sister has finally persuaded her husband after a year with no pets to let her have another cat. She has always had siamese but loves Birmese and when i told her about Oscar she said she would love to take him. She's moving to Dawlish in August which will be lovely as her husband is a minister and they have moved all over the country. Now he's retiring and Dawlish will be her home, so I will be able to see more of her, and she has expressed an interest in helping me with Miaow. So until then Oscar will join my family and when she is settled in her new home he will go to his forever home with her. She intends to come to Plymouth every couple of weeks for a day or two to come and spend time with him so she will be familiar when he leaves me. the only trouble is that he'll probably be a bit of a nutcase when he does leave, as it is a madhouse here. (But in a nice way.) So he's all sorted, and from now on he'll be loved again. Thanks again to all,
best wishes,
Terry.

JennyC
19th February 2011, 08:25 PM
:goodjob:

crazycatman
20th February 2011, 06:31 PM
Well, he's here. Very scared, very confused, bless him. He's safe and secure in his pen for a couple of days until he feels more settled, then I'll gradually let him out for longer and longer periods of time until he becomes part of the mob. It won't be long before he's chosen his favourite place and feels at home. All at his pace. I'm never in a hurry. Have been looking at different distance college courses in cat behaviour and psychology, cat care and dog behaviour and training. Need to choose which one to start on and start saving, but it will help so much with my rescue work. Possibly I may even make a career of it to help fund everything. Big steps, but all for my babies. Will let you know how I get on. And, of course, updates on Oscar. When I have five minutes!!!!Lol!!I'll get some photo's into Photobucket and put some on. Bye for now.

JennyC
20th February 2011, 07:12 PM
Glad he's there,
:thanks: for keeping us updated on the little guy

crazycatman
23rd February 2011, 08:07 AM
Oscar is no longer scared and confused, he's just a little bit cheesed off now. He's been kidnapped, is in a madhouse, but the room service is pretty good!! He was in the kitten playpen in the living room, as it is nice and big and you can get loads in it, but as he said, he is a burmese and they aren't like other moggies, you know. ( his words!! ). He very quickly figured out how to get the zip open and proceeded to wander around the house exclaiming loudly in his burmese voice that this wasn't on, and swore loudly at anyone who happened to cross his path. Most of the little people here completely ignore goings on like that and assure the newcomers that they'll be just as crazy in a couple of days. He's very loving and sat on my lap for half an hour last night while my sister and I were on Skype so he could be introduced to his mum. She's coming down on Friday to meet him and is going home Saturday, but will be up and down to Dawlish regularly until she moves in August so will see him loads. They can bond so she won't be a stranger when he goes home with her. So he is coming on well, most of them do after a day or so, it's only older ferals who hate me and never want to clap eyes on me again. Really am going to get on now, will let you know how everyone is, and will try to upload photo's of Oscar and some of the other babies soon. XX