PDA

View Full Version : TRY BEFORE YOU ADOPT

maisiedarley
1st March 2011, 07:16 AM
[center:14edx76g]"TRY BEFORE YOU ADOPT"

Would you like a cat companion?

Unsure of the costs?

Or the time needed?

All you need is a routine, and time for cuddles.

All welcome, including Service families
& single people.

We supply everything to start you off

100% 24/7 Support,
And all vet bills covered.

Short or Long Term Foster Parents needed

Help us help Cats in Need

Please apply to Kumfy Katz Rescue
on 07590 495 086[/center:14edx76g]

maisiedarley
1st March 2011, 07:17 AM
Very kindly Sponsored by JohnsonsWax & Pets at Home. Thanks all xxx

kelly-joy
1st March 2011, 09:46 AM
I like the idea behind it but not keen on this bit

The reason being is you need a lot more than that to foster , as you know many come in that have been cruelly treated and not had the best starts, what you really need is time and patience, foster animals aren't ready made perfect compainons like many people want they are animals with baggage, that need extra TLC and a lot of patience , I think by saying the following you will get a lot of idiots just wanting a pretty cat/kitten that has no problems and is ready made so to speak and sadly those types are very far between in rescue :(

Tagalong
1st March 2011, 11:37 AM
I like the idea behind it but not keen on this bit

The reason being is you need a lot more than that to foster , as you know many come in that have been cruelly treated and not had the best starts, what you really need is time and patience, foster animals aren't ready made perfect compainons like many people want they are animals with baggage, that need extra TLC and a lot of patience , I think by saying the following you will get a lot of idiots just wanting a pretty cat/kitten that has no problems and is ready made so to speak and sadly those types are very far between in rescue :(

I agree totally with that but I'm sure anyone applying will still be very carefully checked before being given a cat to foster

kelly-joy
1st March 2011, 11:49 AM
oh yes I have no doubt Gill will home check any possible fosters/homes before hand but I think that it will attract more wrong fosters/homes asking about the cats/kittens in her care sadly :(

Cat Detective
1st March 2011, 12:13 PM
I would also mention that refs will be taken up.

maisiedarley
1st March 2011, 02:03 PM
Yes, EVERY Home will have a FULL Homecheck, done by me personally, and I'm v-e-r-y Strict (as "malibu" can vouch, LOL)

Unfortunatley, we were limited to an A4 sheet, so really only put the very basic info on it. There IS a lot more info for anyone taking it up.

malibu
1st March 2011, 10:47 PM
I certainly can vouch haha