PDA

View Full Version : Family & Cat Friendly Dog Wanted in Lancs.

armaniiiii
25th April 2011, 01:18 PM
Hello

We are looking for a family and cat friendly dog to join our mad house.

Sex, age and breed is not important. I'm looking for a dog with a placid temprement who doesn't mind when the littlies are causing a rumpuss. Ideally the dog won't try to run away when the door is open as the kids tend to be in and out playing on the front.

I have 3 girls aged 3, 4 and 9 and a cat aged 10. We live in a residential area off the main road. We have a town house with only a small back garden and fence is approx 2.5-3 foot high (I'm a bit rubbish with measurements but it is about waist height on me and I'm 5'6). The front is open leading to a cul de sac.

We both work but the longest period the dog would be alone is approx 6 hrs Tues-Thurs. I don't intend to leave the dog locked in one room - he/she would be able to roam around during the day as does the cat. However we do still have the baby gates if the dog and cat need their own space.

Both of us have grown up with dogs but have not really any experience with training - however this is something I would be interested in doing if need be. Both grandparents have dogs so the children are used to them but the youngest prefer not to be jumped on or licked too much. But I understand dogs do do this initially when they are excited.

So I guess we are looking for the perfect dog and I know it is alot to ask. But, hopefully there is one out there somewhere for us. I can travel within Lancs, Cheshire and perhaps towards N.Wales kind of areas.

Thanks for reading and hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather :grin:

jerry
25th April 2011, 01:24 PM
Have you tried many tears, they have dogs all over the country in foster :)

jerry
25th April 2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/

or this one

MuttleyWurzel
28th April 2011, 02:19 PM
TLDR have a few dogs 'Oop North' at the moment: http://thelittledogrescue.proboards.com ... rd=ourdogs (http://thelittledogrescue.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ourdogs)

armaniiiii
28th April 2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you for kindly replying.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to adopt a rescue dog. With the children being young, and us not having a secure garden etc we are not suitable adpoters. I understand the reasons for this.

My parents had a rescue dog that was quite a live wire and struggled to settle down or sit still. Which is why I was very specific about the kind of dog I am looking for, as I know this kind of dog would not be suited to our family.

I still hope that there is dog, who needs rehoming from a family situation, that might be suitable for us.

Meanwhile if anyone knows of any rescues near Preston that needs any help, I am happy to volunteer - please PM me.

Penstropolus
4th January 2012, 03:46 PM
PM'd Armaniiiii to see if her family are still looking will archive if no reply .

Penstropolus
5th January 2012, 05:54 PM
no longer looking