PDA

View Full Version : what it takes to become a foster care for dogs and puppies

chazlou
11th September 2009, 10:56 PM
:please3: Hi my name is chazlou i am 22 years old and live with me bf and 2 kids 1 is 6 monthes the other is 4 years old and as i am at home all day i was looking for somthing to full my time and thought that i could help foster animals i lost my cat about 3 montes back to a nuther animal see we had got a nother cat both cats were male but the new one was a bit wild and when i got up one morning i found my cat that i had for 6 years ling on the floor with nothing left but bones the new cat we had just had for over a year had ate him so i am now in need of some animal company and would love to help animal homes around clydebank scotland. I have had animals arould me my hole life and would love to help these animals get settled back in to family life ty :flowers: :thanks2: :please2: :anyone:

JennyC
11th September 2009, 11:01 PM
In order for you to foster with a rescue you'd need to be homechecked.

Now I'm trying to remember the other things so bear with me and I think rescues will be able to give you more of an idea.

You need to be home most of the day (esp with dogs) I think the max they can be left alone is 4 hours a day - I may be wrong.
Secure house (and garden)
Any pets that you have must be neutered, & Vac'd and welcoming to other pets.

That's all I can think of so far - Rescues please correct me if I'm wrong and add anything I've missed.

chazlou
12th September 2009, 11:03 AM
what would a home cheek involed :DD :bluestar: :sofa:

JennyC
12th September 2009, 12:58 PM
Home Check is to have a general talk to you and all members of your family and check that the home and garden is safe.
Generally we don't look for perfectly tidy houses but we do need to make sure you haven't got any holes in the walls etc and the fence around the garden is safe.

HTH

vickylizzy
12th September 2009, 01:34 PM
It's also to make sure that your family and circumstances are suitable for any foster animals that may come into your home.

There is a general homechecking guide here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=544 (http://forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=544) It is actually a reminder for homechekers themselves but it gives you a good idea about what they look for.

chazlou
13th September 2009, 09:49 PM
see w live in the 7th floor of a flat so no gardan

JennyC
13th September 2009, 09:53 PM
I think there are cases where people will allow you to foster dogs as long as the dog is getting enough excersise.
Speak to the individual rescue.

chazlou
13th September 2009, 10:07 PM
and we live nexts to a park
so can take them for walks
:sorry:

GSD Lifeline
14th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Contact local rescues to your self and offer help with fostering or apply to adopt so they can homecheck you. That way you know where you stand alot better.