PDA

View Full Version : Urgent foster home needed - 4 yr old neutered male - Swindon

vickylizzy
23rd August 2011, 01:35 PM
We have requested rescue backup here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24529 (http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24529) http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Smilies/Newest/please4.gif with the offer of a foster home if a rescue can go backup?

:thanks:

This little fella was sadly the victim of an rta and had a terrible open fracture in his right hind leg. :(

The wonderful vets (who he was taken to by his former owners) did not want to put him to sleep but instead do everything they could to get him back to full health so he could go on to be loved in a wonderful new home. He was signed over to them, has had the operation to remove his leg and has recovered beautifully.

He is a very affectionate boy, only 4 years old and neutered. He is an absolute sweetheart and loves everybody! :lovesparkle: :hug:

Here is a pic of the lovely lad:
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Attachments/kuvou.jpg

He's sadly not looking at his best as it was taken just after his surgery, but he really is a beautiful boy. :angel2 :lovesign:

Please can anyone help at all? He's currently in Swindon, but we will do our best to transport him further afield if we can get him into rescue. He's living in a small hospital cage at the moment simply because there's nowhere else for him to go and he does need to be out and into a suitable home environment where he can begin to get some exercise and learn to adapt to life on three legs.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Newest%203/thplease.gif can anyone help? http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Smilies/More%20Smilies/145.gif

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 02:01 PM
I will see if I can find a suitable fosterer for him, if I can then we can go back up - would need more medical info and follow routine etc too.

kelly-joy
23rd August 2011, 02:04 PM
:thanks2: :flowers: Debbie :cathug:

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 02:05 PM
I would ideally take him here, but ATM I am stuffed to the gills !

kelly-joy
23rd August 2011, 02:08 PM
V has full medical history , she said she will scan it and send it tonight to you.

Just a little info he is 4 years old, neutered , not vaccinated, used to cats and dogs and very friendly.

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 02:12 PM
Are they able to start his vaccs yet, or are the waiting for his immunty to stabilise after the op - what is his name? Hope I can get a fosterer sorted soon - will let you know.....

kelly-joy
23rd August 2011, 02:17 PM
V will let you know all that later,coz I don't know :sorry2: . Do you want me to cross post and post in Foster section to see if we can find someone to foster him?

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 02:27 PM
Can do - what about this - a bit far away, but they do have expeerience of a very similar situation?

Bugger! I know someone who is on th elookout for a 3 legged cat - to keep thier own 3 legged cat company - but they are in Staffordshire. If you get stuck = let me know. The cat they have now was left at local vet after bing involved in RTA - family who owned it said they couldnt cope with her - she is fine now but linely :-( x

kelly-joy
23rd August 2011, 02:48 PM
perhaps get them home checked then Debs and if they pass, try to get him to them to foster and then once his treatment is finished etc if they still want to adopt him they can ;)

JennyC
23rd August 2011, 04:23 PM
Debs - they've said on facebook that they want to offer him a forever home so do you want to find more info and post up a HC request?

Emma_T
23rd August 2011, 06:18 PM
This is one for Suzie's new site I think!

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 06:46 PM
will do

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 08:27 PM
Castbury (Carolyn) is going to do the HC for me - fingers crosssed!

JennyC
23rd August 2011, 08:28 PM
:cross:

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 08:52 PM
The lady in question already has a three legged cat, who lost her leg in an RTA so would be ideal in many ways - will keep you all posted !

vickylizzy
23rd August 2011, 08:58 PM
:thanks: Debbie! His name is Kuvou (pronounced Coo Voo). :P I can help transport him up to Staffordshire this weekend too. Keeping everything crossed!! :) Just scanning history to send to you now. :thumb:

Cat Detective
23rd August 2011, 11:47 PM
Got it - thank you - looks like its all going swimmingly - just waiting n a HC and chat with the possible owner!

Cat Detective
24th August 2011, 10:46 AM
Spoken to the lady in question and subject to successful HC she is definately wanting to adopt. V if your happy to transport I will forward her addy to you.

vickylizzy
24th August 2011, 10:58 AM
Yes, that's great! :)

Cat Detective
24th August 2011, 11:17 AM
See this is ALUK at its best!

Cat Detective
25th August 2011, 07:33 PM
HC was a big pass - seems like it will be an excellent home - V do you want a copy - let me know and I can forsard it, shall I leave you to make arrangements for transport?

kelly-joy
25th August 2011, 07:45 PM
Yay! that is such great news :squee: :squee: :squee:

Cat Detective
25th August 2011, 08:14 PM
I know - so pleased for this little feline friend!

I do think this is a great example of hoe ALUK works at its best - it was all entirely done through ALUK forum and ALUK FB page !

JennyC
26th August 2011, 01:29 PM
Thats great news!!

So many succesess on this one I dont know where to put it! :w2g: EVERYONE