PDA

View Full Version : Foster home for 15 yr old collie female

kelly-joy
2nd September 2011, 05:48 PM
Can anyone in the Northamptonshire, or Buckinghamshire area foster a 15 yr old female collie. Her owner is being made homeless 2morrow so its likely she will be put to sleep if we can't find a foster home for her. This dog isn't neutered or Vaccinated, but is used to children, other dogs and cats. We have secured a rescue placement and foster home in west wales for her but are having trouble getting her transported up there, another rescue has said they will go back up if we can find a suitable foster home. If you think you can help please email us at [email protected] or call me on 07733125279 so we can get a home check done ASAP as we only have until the end of 2morrow otherwise this dog is likely to be put to sleep:(

sarsy_c
2nd September 2011, 05:49 PM
I can foster but I'm nowhere near there...can she be transported my way??

JennyC
2nd September 2011, 05:55 PM
Shared and will look through our fosterer list.

kelly-joy
2nd September 2011, 05:55 PM
:thanksf: for your lovely but we have someone else in wales that can take her, just having no luck with transport so trying to find a foster home locally to take her, to try to prevent her from being put to sleep 2morrow :cry3:

JennyC
2nd September 2011, 05:58 PM
Shared on facebook & Twitter & Critter & shelter-helper

emeraldlady
2nd September 2011, 06:08 PM
Where is this girl? I'm in Milton Keynes. I'm travelling to South Wales on Thursday 15th September if that helps & could foster her til then.

JennyC
2nd September 2011, 06:08 PM
She's currently in Milton Keynes Julie!!

Have you had a homecheck before?

emeraldlady
2nd September 2011, 06:14 PM
Jenny I've been fostering for 3 years now & have fostered over 80 dogs. I'm currently fostering for Many Tears but have fostered for LRRSE, LRSE&C, HWAR, Friends of the Animals & have been homechecked by all & also homechecked by Hope Rescue. You are very welcome to homecheck me again though!

JennyC
2nd September 2011, 06:26 PM
:thanks: Julie _ i'm sure Kelly will be online soon!

kelly-joy
2nd September 2011, 07:00 PM
called Julie, she is going to get one of the rescues she fostered for to ring Jane at the rescue who has offered back up for this girlie and :crossed: we get the go a head to get the collie out. Julie can keep her till the 15th of sept so that gives us a bit more time to try and find a longer term foster home for her :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

JennyC
2nd September 2011, 07:09 PM
Great news!

:thanks: julie!

emeraldlady
2nd September 2011, 07:50 PM
Jane has been called by one of the rescues I foster for & is happy for me to proceed so I'm collecting Tessa at 11am tomorrow.

kelly-joy
2nd September 2011, 07:55 PM
yay! :squee: :squee: :squee: :thanks2: :flowers: Ellen :doghug:

emeraldlady
5th September 2011, 06:52 PM
Just to let you know that Many Tears have taken this girl on so she will now be rehomed through them. She is still with me at the moment & is lovely!

JennyC
5th September 2011, 06:55 PM
:wows: :w2g: everyone!