PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend with your dogs?

JennyC
25th September 2009, 08:50 PM
:hello2: all

Was just wondering what everyones routine was with their dogs, how much time do you spend with them (I dont mean them just sitting on your knee)

ABC Cat Rescue
25th September 2009, 08:56 PM
Practically all day when I haven't got hospital appointments etc.

Me and the dogs walk the kids to school. If I go out and am not having to leave the dogs anywhere, like for a hospital appointment, then sometimes I grab the dogs and jump in the van and go find a nice quiet area to go for a long walk or we might visit friends etc. Other than that we'll go for our lunchtime walk on the field. Then I'm home with them from then unless I'm taking the kids to Brownies or we go shopping. They have me for the rest of the night then.

I may well be doing boring housework or gardening while I'm at home, but they are still with me. So majority of my day is spent with the dogs.

JennyC
25th September 2009, 09:58 PM
Do you have 3 walks then?

I was thinking that I'll have to walk aaliyah to nursery in the morning/afternoon depending on what times she's accepted for.
Then walk to pick her up again
and a walk at night before bed?

ABC Cat Rescue
25th September 2009, 10:18 PM
Yep. I forgot to put down the one after tea, which will start to become before tea when it goes darker earlier lol

JennyC
28th September 2009, 03:52 PM
What about everyone else?

What do you all do with your dogs?

marypoppins
28th September 2009, 04:17 PM
Depending on what shift I'm on.
If i'm on in morning they get let out when i wake around 5.30 We have a play while I drink my brew, then I go out. Chris get up has a play before the kids go to school, we used to take Zeus with us to drop the kids off but Haydens new school doesn't like dogs on the grounds. So now he has to wait till 1.30 when i get back from work. Then we go out for a long walk, usually involving water somewhere on the journey. So after an hour or 2 we come home Zeus zonks out for the next 3-4 hours has a cuddle with the kids before they go bed. Then he has a 30 min walk, around 10 sometimes more like 12.
If i'm working lates it's, get up at 7 let dogs out have a play while drinking brew. Drop kids off come back go for a hour walk. Have a little play when we get back, well that's if he's been on lead on the walk otherwise he just wants to sleep. I leave around 3 for work get back at 5 so we have another walk just 30 mins (enough time for OH to cook tea lol). Then back in work for 6.30 come home around 10. Then OH takes him out for another 30 min walk. Then we have some serious cuddle time while i watch the box or i'm on here.

karb30
29th September 2009, 09:12 AM
I get up at 6.30am, usually have to drag my dog off the bed as she is so lazy and hates getting up in the morning. We go for a nice walk over the moors for at least 1hour, then come back home feed dog and rabbit, get myself some breakfast then hubby and I go to work.

We take it in turns to come back at lunch times and give Lara a quick 10minute walk and a bite to eat, so are usually home for about half an hour.

Come back home between 5.30-6pm, have a good play, then huggy takes her for her t-time walk, usually about another 1hr walk, then she gets fed, dinner time is also fun for her as she does tricks and training for her t, she loves it. After dinner she gets to come up on the couch beside us until last walk which is another quickie 5-10mins then bed.

She usually has another play during the evening during her usual mad 20 minutes when she goes totally crazy and you have to watch she doesnt injure you as she is a big clumsly dog, she recently got hubby a cracker in the ribs.

As usual he is milking it for all he can, gets no sympathy from me though ( sorry to all the blokes on the forum).

dukesmum
29th September 2009, 05:00 PM
Ever since Duchess left for the bridge two years ago, Duke is never left on his own.
If he's not with me, then he goes out on deliveries with my driver Den.
If Den's not at work, he still looks after Dukie for me.
When Den goes away on holiday, he organises his daughter to stay at his house, so she can still look after him.
I don't know what I'd do without him :grin: