PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: place for rat in Liverpool area

spider
8th October 2009, 02:27 PM
Contact Details/Details of Rescue Organisation: Rhydowen Rodent Refuge PM member spider
Does the animal have rescue back up?: yes as about
(i.e. Is a rescue taking responsibility for rehoming the animal(s) and any issues that may arise once the animal(s) is/are rehomed?)

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed: Rat
Name(s): None
Sex: Male
Age(s): Unknown but thought to be a few months
Colours: White with pink eyes
Neutered: No
(Please note, we always STRONGLY advise that animals are neutered, whenever possible, before rehoming)
Vaccinated: N/A
Any known medical issues: None
Temperament: Good hasn't nipped but was found outside. Was picked up by the person who found him and he was fine with them and was good when offered food by hand
Any known behavioural Issues: None known
Any other information: Reason for rehoming: Urgently needs a safe place as is currently hiding under the duvet of the person that found him and is in a student halls where animals aren't allowed.

Will the group be split (if more than one animal): N/A

Is transport available? No

vickylizzy
8th October 2009, 03:50 PM
:please2: can anyone help?

I have a rat cage that someone could borrow if they are able to help but don't have anything suitable to keep this little one in (I'm in North Wales, near Cheshire border so I can meet anyone fairly local). I can't have small furries here myself though. :sorry:

spider
8th October 2009, 06:11 PM
Thank you for the kind offer of help :rose:

It looks as though this is sorted for the time being. Someone on the rat forum that this was originally posted has taken this lad. I don't know how temporary the offer is though as I didn't arrange it. So there may still be a requirement for someone to foster him until a permanent home is found. I'll update as soon as I know more.

whiskers_in_the_ear
10th October 2009, 01:27 AM
I have added to the post on FR but also happy to pop it here - If the little lad does end up needing placement (from what she said she wont be able to keep him long term) then I can find a place for him here.

spider
13th October 2009, 03:11 PM
I was just about to update this to say that you're on-board. Although it sounds as though the person looking after him now needs him out asap. So transport down south is the next hurdle.

ABC Cat Rescue
17th November 2009, 04:46 PM
Clare, is this thread still needed? Ta

spider
19th November 2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry for not updating. A home was found locally so this is now sorted :biggrin:

vickylizzy
19th November 2009, 08:39 PM
:thanks: for the update. That's great news! :biggrin: