PDA

View Full Version : Just been looking in the rehoming...

Uptang Lee
29th October 2009, 05:56 PM
In the rehoming section and come across alot of Rottweilers, GSD's and Staffies that are looking for new homes. And some of them are the same age.

Are they becoming an unwanted breed or what?

I think my top 3 breeds would be them i just cant see why people get one and soon give them up. :cry2:

I would happliy rehome one if they wasnt so oldish such as 2 and up. I couldn't trust an older dog around my dog but could trust a puppy around him. If anyone gets me? :(?

kelpienut
30th October 2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Lee, unfortunately as they became more popular more and more people started breeding them to make money. Now there are just so many out there who are being put to sleep every day because there aren't enough homes for them and yet people are still breeding them! :dizzy:

As to whether or not you could trust another dog around yours it all depends on the individual dog. Does yours get on with others? There are plenty of older dogs who love the company of other dogs so please don't let that put you off. And 2 years old is still a baby! :DD

jade
30th October 2009, 07:27 PM
The other problem is they dont train them so they end up with this dog they cant control, pulls on the lead and probably has other problems so the owner just gets rid of the dog :(.