PDA

View Full Version : One female Dumbo rat

kelly-joy
2nd January 2010, 08:27 PM
I rescued 3 rats from being snake food 5 weeks ago now but sadly I had to have one of the females put to sleep as she had a serve resp infection and the vet thought it kinder to put her to sleep. I haven't tried to get another female rat as a friend for the other one until now as the vet said to wait 5 weeks before bringing in another one incase the other rats got it. They are both fine. The male rat that is on his own is really old and never had a friend anyway so its probably best he stays on his own.I think the female really needs a friend though as she seems to be quite young and very very playful.I don't really want to get 2 friends for her just one so if anyone has a lone female dumbo rat that needs a home please consider us.
I know this is going to sound bad to all you rat fans but I would rather she was a pale colour as I am not keen on the dark colour ones :sofa:

babyloveya3
2nd January 2010, 08:36 PM
Im sure you will find one Kelly there are many :gl:

kelly-joy
2nd January 2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah I am sure one will come along soon. I know there are loads up for re homing but I just want one and I see most rescues won't let you just have one:(

spider
3rd January 2010, 01:49 PM
Have you had a look on the Fancy Rats forum? There are quite a few rescue rats listed on the rehoming boards in the South. Not sure if I can post a link on here as although the forums are pro-rescue they also discuss breeding.

Its not that rescues won't rehome single rats. If they come in with a friend it would be mean to split them up. Often rats stay in rescue quite a while, so if they come in alone they are bonded with others so they don't have to live alone for too long. We have rehomed single rats when they are to go as companions for others but won't split a pair of rats for example. It very much depends on the situation, so it is always worth asking. Although I must say a single, pale, dumbo, female is probably being a bit specific. However, you never know what may come in to rescue as animals turn up all the time sadly.

trisha
3rd January 2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Kelly-joy, thanks for your great offer to rehome. Will keep an eye out for you :grin:

kelly-joy
3rd January 2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks I will go look at that forum :)

kelly-joy
4th January 2010, 02:11 PM
I been offered a little siamese coloured female rat so just got to sort out when to get her etc
:4: :4: :4: :4: :4:

JennyC
4th January 2010, 02:39 PM
:4: Sounds gorgeous

kelly-joy
4th January 2010, 03:11 PM
Didn't know you could get siamese coloured ratscan't wait to see what she looks like :)

trisha
4th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Didn't know you could get siamese coloured ratscan't wait to see what she looks like :)

I didnt realise you could get most of the rats ive seen, I thought a rat was a rat . :supersmile: I have been looking around for you as to be honest I had no idea what a dumbo rat looked like, and was amazed at the variety of rats you can get.

Good luck :biggrin:

JennyC
4th January 2010, 08:22 PM
I love the fact that they're called Dumbo cos they have big round ears like Dumbo! :D

kelly-joy
4th January 2010, 08:46 PM
can't wait I am picking her up on Sunday :)

JennyC
4th January 2010, 08:48 PM
:picplease:

kelly-joy
4th January 2010, 08:55 PM
when I get her I put pics up :)

JennyC
4th January 2010, 08:55 PM
ok :D

trisha
4th January 2010, 09:07 PM

WOW that was quick :grin:

trisha
6th January 2010, 12:20 PM

Shall I move this Kelly-Joy ? If so, where too :grin:

kelly-joy
6th January 2010, 12:59 PM
leave until I get her :)

trisha
6th January 2010, 01:11 PM
leave until I get her :)

Okey dokey, will look forward to the pictures :grin:

kelly-joy
10th January 2010, 06:27 PM
Well I went to get my girlie as a friend for mine and was only going to bring one home honestly but I fell for another girlie and she couldn't go without her friend so I came home with 3 new ratties :blush: so now I have 4 :blush: :blush: :blush: :zip:

JennyC
10th January 2010, 06:36 PM
WAY TO GO KELLY!!

That's how I ended up with 6 rats, go get her a friend, oh well this is a couple. OK I can take the 2, then I get there and there was another grp of 3 who were GORGEOUS and that was it! lol

trisha
10th January 2010, 06:38 PM
Well I went to get my girlie as a friend for mine and was only going to bring one home honestly but I fell for another girlie and she couldn't go without her friend so I came home with 3 new ratties :blush: so now I have 4 :blush: :blush: :blush: :zip:

:supersmile: why does that not suprise me :supersmile: :supersmile: :angel2

kelly-joy
10th January 2010, 06:52 PM
couldn't help it her little face said take me home too I will be good honest and I fell for it :blush: :blush: But Steve was as bad as me he fell for her too so its his fault too :supersmile:

JennyC
10th January 2010, 06:54 PM
LOL and I thought you'd gone on your own and Steve wasn't to blame! :D

kelly-joy
10th January 2010, 07:00 PM
No all Steves Fault Honest :supersmile: :supersmile: :supersmile:
I don't think I better go to a rat rescue again :blush: :blush: :blush: