PDA

View Full Version : URGENT FOSTER HOME NEEDED FOR 9YR OLD DOG

RACR
22nd January 2010, 11:03 AM
viewtopic.php?f=226&t=5017 (http://www.aluk.trapdoor.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=5017)

Roxie needs a foster home asap. We have a temp emg foster home for one week only.

Roxie is 9 years old, good with other dogs and cats but not children under 12! She is showing signs of stiffness to joints and struggles with stairs. She likes her walks but smaller ones now and is walked on a halti due to pulling. She is known to steal food and dinners off the side so will will need teaching this isn't allowed and rude. She is house trained and doesnt chew and used to being left a long time, though we don't want her leaving as long as she is used to ;)

Roxie is spayed already but needs vacs and chipping and health check, esp for eyes as showing signs of catracs (sp)

Please if you can help contact myself or babyloveya3. We really need this foster home urgently.

vickylizzy
24th January 2010, 04:37 AM
Have PMd you. :)

:please2: can anyone help?

babyloveya3
24th January 2010, 06:28 AM
This is Urgent :please3: :please2:

JennyC
24th January 2010, 04:17 PM
:sorry: hun wish I could help you.

hales
24th January 2010, 05:28 PM
we can take her but we have a four year old child

vickylizzy
24th January 2010, 05:40 PM
:thanks: Hayley. that's a lovely offer but it really does need to be a home with no young children.

RACR
24th January 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks hayley but the foster home has to be no young kids at all I am afraid as she isnt very good with them.

24th January 2010, 08:38 PM
Have you got a pic?

vickylizzy
24th January 2010, 09:21 PM
I'll try to find one. :)

Luxmoore
26th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am Roxie's emergency foster - am picking her up this afternoon.
She is a GSDxStaffie, 9 years old, good with other dogs and cats (not checked with cats) not good with young children. She has been with her family since she was a pup and will therefore be very confused and in need of TLC.

I will upload photos this afternoon - fingers crossed we can get some nice ones!

Roxie is booked into the vets to have her first vaccinations, get microchipped and have a full health check tomorrow.

I can foster her for up to a week but am not in a position to keep her longer - she needs a longer term fosterer... I am based in SE London but am happy to drop Roxie off at another fosterer or meet part-way.

:please2:

Thanks.

Lizz

kelly-joy
26th January 2010, 11:17 AM
:crossed: I think I have found a fosterer for her. Andrea I have pmd you :)

babyloveya3
26th January 2010, 12:12 PM
:thanks2: :thanks2: Kelly thats good news

Luxmoore
26th January 2010, 05:37 PM
Have finally worked out how to compress the pics - Photos of Roxie - one of them shows her playing with my 18 month old...

x

JennyC
26th January 2010, 05:39 PM
She's goreous bless her

Katie84
27th January 2010, 08:42 PM
She is beautiful :cry3:

ANGE17
27th January 2010, 10:34 PM
I've put details on facebook and netmums, fingers crossed for the poor mite :cry3:

ANGE17
28th January 2010, 05:54 AM
:crossed: I think I have found a fosterer for her. Andrea I have pmd you :)
Has somewhere been found? Just asking as I've got a thread going on netmums. Hopefully I can tell them the good news :cross:

kelly-joy
28th January 2010, 10:44 AM
not yet :(

ANGE17
28th January 2010, 08:12 PM
Hi, I've had a message from a lady in Nottingham who will be able to take her for a week. This would give a bit extra time at least. I tried to phone Andrea but no answer :(

Let me know if this will help, I'll pass on all the details to her anyway. :cross:

fluffosaur
28th January 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm in Nottingham & can foster her. I can provide references from 3 places about my fostering abilities (inc. one RSPCA shelter & the Cinnamon Trust). I think ange17 is referring to me but I can take her for longer than a week now.

Let me know if you need my assistance.

ANGE17
28th January 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes I was :) I was just about to send you this link. I have tried phoning again but no answer as yet. I'll keep trying.

:thanks2:

fluffosaur
28th January 2010, 08:20 PM
No problem. kelly-joy PM'ed me though and said she'd found a foster home?

Let me know if it falls through, I'm ready & waiting !! :)

ANGE17
28th January 2010, 08:23 PM
Oh ok, last time I checked they hadn't got anyone, at least they have a stand by which is great, Thank you :)

RACR
28th January 2010, 08:43 PM
Hi Angie, sorry i missed your calls, the phone didnt actualy ring volume wise but is showing up missed calls :dur:

yes we have finaly found a foster home in Nottingham now and have a transport run up. Sorry I thought I updated this :blush:

Fluffasaur, If your able to foster dogs I might need a space soon for a staffie bitch? Not sure what pets you have already and guessing cats? Not sure if she is ok with cats but can test? Have sent you reply to your pm anyway :)

fluffosaur
28th January 2010, 08:55 PM
I'd definitely be able to offer a short-term placement for a dog. The only problem is that I'm going to be working full-time hours so doggy would have to be alone for 6-7 hours a day, it's not ideal but I'd do that versus seeing a dog have to be put to sleep because a foster placement couldn't be found. Hence I'd have taken in Roxie til a better foster placement/rescue place could have been found for her.

I'm able to have kitties though. :) I love kitties & they'd have full run of my 3 bedroom house when I'm not here during the day & lots of attention when I am here from 4:30pm in the evenings. :)

I don't have any pets. I foster full-time as the OH is worried about vet bills (they'd cripple us) and holidays ! Fostering fits in with my cat-needs versus his concerns about pet ownership. :)

ANGE17
28th January 2010, 09:08 PM
That's ok, glad you found someone. Is the foster home permament? There is another lady in Nottingham that has offered a permament home, but I think she spoke to kelly joy earlier.

Hope it works out ok :)

JennyC
28th January 2010, 09:10 PM
Glad to hear this has worked out!

Will move for now so we don't get confused but DO shout if you need it back :D

RACR
28th January 2010, 09:28 PM
That's ok, glad you found someone. Is the foster home permament? There is another lady in Nottingham that has offered a permament home, but I think she spoke to kelly joy earlier.

Hope it works out ok :)

Yes it is permanant :)

Thank you though :)

vickylizzy
28th January 2010, 09:50 PM
:thanks: so so much to you all though. :ghug: It does mean a lot and it's people like you pulling together and helping that really does make a difference to rescues and so many animals (and it's fantastic to have you on here helping too!!). :flowers:

RACR
28th January 2010, 10:19 PM
:thanks: so so much to you all though. :ghug: It does mean a lot and it's people like you pulling together and helping that really does make a difference to rescues and so many animals (and it's fantastic to have you on here helping too!!). :flowers:

:w2g: :myday: :thanks2:

babyloveya3
30th January 2010, 02:31 PM
ROXY IN HER NEW FOSTER HOME NOW :4: :4: :woo:

RACR
30th January 2010, 05:03 PM
Roxy is a babe to say the least. I also took advantage whilst Pauline her dropped her to mine on the way kiddy testing her.

I used my youngest lad 1st as he displays nerves and fear of strange dogs and knew any child agressive dog would pick up on that and make them edgy and snappy. Roxie didnt bat a eye lid at all, sniffed him as she could smell my dogs but was happy and wagged her tail. My son is just 9 years but very little for is age, same height as a 5 year old. I then used my oldest son, 11 years and very dog savvy. I asked sam to bend down next to her side by side so face level and place arm over her shoulders, Roxie didnt bat an eyelid and wagged her tail away, even when my lad stumbled and fell against her slightly she was fine and in reutrn gave kisses, yup me to and dog tongue in my mouth :supersmile:

I must say she is a very laid back girl compared to what I was expecting. I tried slip lead walking as she is meant to pull but she didnt, she walked beautifuly, tried slightly at start to pull, but not in a effort, corrected her and she was star! Actualy I wish my dogs were better with other dogs, but tara dont like other bitches as i would of adopted her myself and failed my self under the rescue :supersmile:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/P1020307.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/P1020310.jpg

vickylizzy
30th January 2010, 05:08 PM
Oh bless her, she's tiny compared to how big I expected her to be! :supersmile:

Look at her, so well behaved!! :wub: I'm so glad she's safe with you! :biggrin: Please give her a big cuddle from me! :hug:

RACR
30th January 2010, 05:18 PM
Pauline said that aswell, she expected her to be bigger. She is exact same size I expected, which is unusual for me to guess right :supersmile:

babyloveya3
30th January 2010, 08:18 PM
She is a lovely dog laid down in the car and was no trouble at all :supersmile: I have rang the foster mum she has been on a walk with them and had a great time she was well behaved and had no problems at all with her back legs :goodjob: :claphigh:

JennyC
30th January 2010, 08:34 PM
Great news

jade
2nd February 2010, 11:51 AM
:hapdan: this is all fantastic news so glad she got sorted :)

Luxmoore
2nd February 2010, 04:56 PM
Pics are wonderful Andrea - think Bertie actually misses her a little!! She definitely isn't as large as she sometimes looks in photos - at dinner time she used to keep ducking under Bertie (she could just fit!) he looked so surprised the first time she did it!!

:supersmile:

She was such a sweetie - and I'm so pleased she passed the kiddie-test... Best of luck in the future Roxie!!!

xx

trisha
2nd February 2010, 09:24 PM
Great news for Roxie :biggrin: