PDA

View Full Version : food poisoning

trisha
15th February 2010, 04:50 PM
Had a sweet n sour takeway on Friday night and ended up with salmonella food poision, according to the doctors at the hospital. Anyone else ever had this and how long did it take till you felt better?

K9 Search UK
15th February 2010, 06:02 PM
Symptoms can last upto a week, make sure you keep hydrated......sip fluids as often as you.
The pain can last a little longer.

Hope you feel better soon

kelly-joy
15th February 2010, 06:21 PM
poor you hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

this might be useful
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/food-poiso ... ction.aspx (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/food-poisoning/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

babyloveya3
15th February 2010, 07:43 PM
Ah Trisha hope you feel better soon :rose:

JennyC
15th February 2010, 07:45 PM
:sorry: to hear your unwell Trish.

marypoppins
15th February 2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear your not well. Sending you lots of healing thoghts. :flowers:

ghandi
15th February 2010, 08:37 PM
Thats awful, hope you feel better soon

Gill x

Cat Detective
15th February 2010, 10:16 PM
oh poor you, I have had that and it is awful - the pain was dreadful but only lasted a few days - but remember to drink loads of water - if you can be bothered, boil it first then drink it from the fridge - and if you feel up to it, try eating some overdone dry toast. Hope you feel better soon. x

trisha
16th February 2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks girls, got diorlyte powder from the doctors to help as I was dehydrated, also got anti-sickness pills and immodium and painkillers. They must be working as the symptoms are not as bad but still feeling awful.

All I had eaten all of Friday was a third of a portion from the takeaway. I tried a slice of toast today but it didnt help. Will try again tomorrow. Have been sipping away at fluids so thats the main thing.

marypoppins
16th February 2010, 08:56 AM
Have a try of cracker bread with a tiny bit of marg. Was the only thing I could eat when I caught a bug last chrismas. I ended up on a drip and went down to 5 stone 8. This was the only thing that stayed down, not much but at least it was keeping me going. I then started putting more toppins on.

trisha
18th February 2010, 10:10 AM
Have a try of cracker bread with a tiny bit of marg. Was the only thing I could eat when I caught a bug last chrismas. I ended up on a drip and went down to 5 stone 8. This was the only thing that stayed down, not much but at least it was keeping me going. I then started putting more toppins on.

No sooner had I said I thought it was easing off it came back with avengence :dur: Went to the docs yesterday and he changed my tablets, needless to say they are not working either. :rolleyes: If I dont lose weight I will be so cheesed off as I have only been able to manage fluids, even the thought of food makes me feel ill.

Might try a cracker with a cuppa tea later today and see how I get on ;)

marypoppins
18th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Anythings worth ago. Hope these tablets start to make you feel better. :flowers:

trisha
27th February 2010, 02:27 PM
Apparently it wasnt salmonela but campylabactor food poisoning, so on a more specific antibiotic now. Feeling much better and eating like a horse. :rolleyes: So any weight loss will be back on the hips in no time at all :supersmile:

jerry
27th February 2010, 02:28 PM
:lol!: :lol!:

vickylizzy
27th February 2010, 02:34 PM
:lol!: I'm glad they've figured out what it was and you're feeling a bit better now though. :ghug: