View Full Version : Urgent transport required for at risk poundie - Wakefield

JennyC
1st June 2009, 09:36 PM
What help do you need? TRANSPORT
Contact/organisation details: POUNDHOUNDS PM MEMBER GILKA
Who legally owns the animal during transport? POUNDHOUNDS
Permission : Do you have the rescue's permission to post this template? YES
Is Liability Insurance in place? NO
Paperwork/Documentation : Documentation must be available and transferred to each volunteer who helps then paperwork must pass along with the animal also and be recieved by the final destination (foster home or rescue).
Do you take full responsibility for organising the transport run? For Example, making sure all volunteers have the necessary times etc before preceeding with the run? YES

ANY MEMBER OFFERING TRANSPORT FOR THIS RUN MUST CHECK WITH THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY THAT THEY ARE COVERED TO CARRY THIS ANIMAL ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS.

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed/Variety: SBT
Sex: MALE
Age(s): APPROX 3 YRS
Name(s): O21
Colours: BRINDLE
Neutered: NO
Vaccinated : NO
Any medical issues : NASAL 'SPLIT' - HE APPEARS TO BE BORN WITH THIS AND HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THAT IT AFFECTS HIM IN ANY WAY.
Any Behavioural Issues : UN TESTED WITH DOGS AND CATS AS BEEN IN A POUND
IF ANY MEMBER INVOLVED IN TRANSORTING THIS ANIMAL REQUIRES ANY MORE INFORMATION THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE RESCUE CONCERNED

Location Start : WEST YORKSHIRE WF5 9AQ
Location End : TAUNTON TA1 2BX

ROUTE
WF5 AQ - Trowell Services
Trowell Service - Hopwood services
Hopwood - Michaelwood Service area
Michaelwood - Express by Holiday inn (J25 M5)

Other: THIS IS URGENT, DOG DUE TO BE PTS TOMORROW. O21 must be secured during transit. Each section of the run is approximately 1 hour.

IT IS ADVISED THAT TRANSPORTERS SHOULD NOT TAKE THEIR OWN DOGS OR YOUNG CHILDREN ON TRANSPORT RUNS WHEN TRANSPORTING AN UNKNOWN DOG

JennyC
1st June 2009, 09:37 PM
Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... e=UTF8&z=7 (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wakefield+WF5+9AQ,+UK&daddr=NG9+3PL+to:B48+7AU++to:GL11+6DD++to:TA1+2BX&geocode=&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=53.324095,-1.396415&sspn=1.040083,2.859192&ie=UTF8&z=7)

Wakefield WF5 9AQ - Nottingham NG9 3PL
59.8 mi – about 58 mins

Nottingham NG9 3PL - Birmingham B48 7AU
59.4 mi – about 59 mins

Birmingham B48 7AU - Dursley, Gloucestershire GL11 6DD
61.6 mi – about 1 hour 6 mins

Dursley, Gloucestershire GL11 6DD - Taunton, Somerset TA1 2BX
59.5 mi – about 1 hour 4 mins

:please2: Can anyone help with this urgent transport run?

JennyC
I can do the WF5 AQ - Trowell Services leg, but not till after work (finish 430 - and maps say will take me 1 to 1 1/2 hours to ge there depending on traffic)

JennyC
Thank you Emma, that's such a great offer.....however I fear that it would be too late in the day....unless anyone who does the second leg could hold him overnight....I'll see if this is possible...thank you.

GV9297
12th June 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes......

Just thought I would let you know that Kathy (the person who rescued O21 - now called Boson) contacted me to say that he is doing really well. She sent me a text and would like to thank everyone who was involved and said....

"if it wasn't for kind people helping with transport things would be so much worse for these dogs"

:awww: