PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Foster for Maincoon Cross

RACR
3rd March 2010, 12:23 PM
Contact Details/Details of Rescue Organisation: RACR, Pm RACR or babyloveya3
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes
(i.e. Is a rescue taking responsibility for rehoming the animal(s) and any issues that may arise once the animal(s) is/are rehomed?)

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed: maincoon cross long haired cat
Name(s): Thoma
Sex: male
Age(s): approx 1 yr old
Colours: black
Neutered: yes, was told neutered male, see other..
(Please note, we always STRONGLY advise that animals are neutered, whenever possible, before rehoming)
Vaccinated: No
Any known medical issues: No
Temperament: Ohh mega fussy and loving
Any known behavioural Issues: No
Any other information:Reason for rehoming: Handed into rescue as stray, see other

Will the group be split (if more than one animal): N/A

Is transport available? Can be arranged.

Other:
I had a maincoon cross handed in last. Apperently a local stray that the neighbours clubbed together to get neutered and re released :Crazy: They said he sheltered in a old ladies porch and went on rounds for food to other neighbours but was laso busting through cat flaps or running through open doors and windows and attacking some of the residents cats and stealing the food?

I would say he is approx a year old, very big! very matted under neath and I have started working on this gradualy removing the matts. He is qaurentined in a XL cate here as un vacced and been living out doors but he is petrified of my dogs :( he meowed a heck of alot last night, up at windows desperate to get out as let him have the kitchen last night and took the dogs upstairs as he kept my kids and me awake in the crate catawalling and trying to get out. I do beleive this was a desperate attampt to just get away from where dogs are. He has seen Sky when ive passed holding him and my Cat (not been near them or in contact though) and he hasnt batted a eyelid to them but cant be sure what he would be like at the moment around other cats.

We are cutting away the clumped matts around the genitals as it stinks of stale urine where its clogged up. One we reach through i will check to make sure if a neutered male as I dont always take on what ive been told.

Now his top coat is in mint condition, double coated. He is one heck of a effectionate cat and tolerates grooming very well, can be picked up, cradled the lot and he purrs away :Luv2: Excellent with my kids also.

Need a foster home with NO dogs asap as he is stressed here with mine. My dogs are being kept away but he knows they are there. My dogs resepct all cats coming in and dont give eye contact or go p to them, but calmly and slowly walk past cages or cats to let them know they mean no harm. However due to his response knowint they are there im not allowing them near him at all.

Currently in Nottingham with moi.

Named Thomas by local kids, doesnt respond to the name. I am currently searching lost cat sites etc.. Incase some one is looking for him, one thing is, if they ad him neuetered it must of been along time ago as fur would of fully grown back and matted again since, I am doubting this, we cant see of feel testicles so could of been done ages or infact he is a she? I am also wondering if this cat was actualy the little old ladies mentioned but she wouldnt admit it? I want to make sure 1st though he isnt someones loving family pet missing.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/Cats/thomas6.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/Cats/thomas4.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/Cats/thomas8.jpg

Enjoying a belly rub
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/Cats/thomas10.jpg

One solid matted mass removed this morning!
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Rattiemommy/RACR/Cats/thomas12.jpg

vickylizzy
3rd March 2010, 12:35 PM
Oh wow, he is STUNNING!! Definitely sounds like my type of cat. http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Smilies/098.gif

I see what you mean about the teeny tiny ears though! :P I love those big copper eyes as well. http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/AnimalLifelineUK/Smilies/097.gif

Seriously, please can everyone stop me seeing any more pictures otherwise I *will* have to go over there and steal him away!!! :ROFL:

vickylizzy
3rd March 2010, 12:36 PM
I'll see if we have anyone who might be able to foster this chappie. :crossed:

RACR
3rd March 2010, 12:42 PM
*sneaks off with camer for picture overload for vicky* :supersmile:

Thank you :)

jerry
3rd March 2010, 02:04 PM
what a stunner, if holly wasnt here. :)

babyloveya3
3rd March 2010, 10:28 PM
He sure is a stunner !! quite matted though, I went down and removed the worst with comb and scissors, will shave him off underneath as its full of clumbs.A very pretty loving purring boy or girl :why:

vickylizzy
3rd March 2010, 10:44 PM
If he does turn out to be a she I may have somewhere for [s:2hqssb08]him[/s:2hqssb08] [s:2hqssb08]her[/s:2hqssb08] [s:2hqssb08]him[/s:2hqssb08] [s:2hqssb08]her[/s:2hqssb08] him if he's a her. :dizzy: :dur: :lol

babyloveya3
3rd March 2010, 11:35 PM
Thats good there is so much hair knotted that neither of us is sure. :dur:

RACR
4th March 2010, 02:27 PM
been having a got at the knots bit by bit and will have anoter go through tonight, esp near the genital area. We wanted to be able to groom and cut most away before clippering and a fair bit is out now, though some will have to be clippered away.

I will see if i can sex him/her tonight. Its funny cause the woman said he, named thomas by local kids, been neutered. But on the form she has cirlcled spayed. Another thing that makes me wonder female is Thomas doesnt like female cats much according to them but does males??

he has started hissing at Sky here who hisses back and he does shut up then lol. My Joss is staying out the way full stop, big cats intimidate her bless her. Now if he is a he neutered or not generaly as a rule with cats they get on better on females, normaly problems lie with females and females together? The coat is a double coat also and soo thick so even when knotted trying to get through it to see skin is hard enough lol.

just to update on Thomas also. he is still scared of the dogs, but also mainley at night he wants outside desperatly and catawalls (sp) like mad, real loud. Im putting him in the kitchen with the door shut as he is keeping the kids awake, that way he isnt keeping any of us awake. he is having the whole kitchen with a bed, toys and such. Mind you it was 4am he started making noise thismorning in the crate before i took him down to the kitchen and i only heard him a few minutes. Blinds hadnt been pulled down this time. When i got up at 6am he greeted me straight away, purring and rubbing/walking through my legs constantly and tripped me up a few times lol. Gave him a mega fuss and had to put him back in crate to let dogs out and get kids up. He had a tantrum in the crate meowing again, real funny actualy as starts as normal meow, gets louder and longer and then when you ignore him doing it he does this weird scream like meow, like a shouted one, almost like in cat language he is telling me "well **** you" lmao!

I think he desperatly needs a foster/forever home with full roam of the house, idealy a outside cat run with warm shelter for night as he desperatly wants to be out at night. Im not sure if other cats is good or not tbh, def no dogs and im not sure if he would be ok with small furries? Excellent with kids and so loving.

RACR
5th March 2010, 11:45 AM
Well pauline ahs been down and we have clippered those knots out, were real tight to skin and he has one small sore and red area but genealy not effected by it luckly. Thomas is defiantly a neutered male. me and pauline were convinced a female lol.

This guy is adorbale completly, he has the best personality going ever. One thing he started doing last night was if you stand or walk with your hand at your side, he goes up on his back legs and puts his paws to your hand and walks with you on his back legs like a child holding a adults hand!! he is the most effectionate lad ever. I so wish he got on with my dogs as he wouldnt be going anywhere :(

1st vaccination and chipping monday.

babyloveya3
6th March 2010, 03:39 PM
:bump:

asia snow
8th March 2010, 08:21 AM
What a beautiful boy, I wish I could say yes but am waiting to see if we can get Sammy here before taking any other pussies.

He would of loved it here plenty of cuddles and attention plus a secure outside area to stretch his legs (tripods, scratch poles the works!!).

RACR
8th March 2010, 12:18 PM
Oh wow, you have a outside run/play area? He would love that! Not to worry, thanks for looking though :)

babyloveya3
8th March 2010, 12:21 PM
Ah thats a shame sounds great

s_bailey89
9th March 2010, 09:57 PM
Hi Andrea think i posted in adoption rather than foster. If Jess gets on with the potential new forever home and you think it would be okay I will be happy to take him in if noone else comes along :)

RACR
9th March 2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Stephanie, thanks.We have a fotser home lined up and waiting on a updated home check :) Not sure if Thomas would be suited to you hun as he is double coated and your little girls allergys would more than likely get worse with a cat like this. He has a massive thick double coat and it gets everywhere lol.

s_bailey89
9th March 2010, 10:13 PM
:) No worries I'm glad someone has taken the little fella in

RACR
27th March 2010, 03:14 PM
Adoptive home check done and passed for this lad, he reserved to a lovely family

jerry
27th March 2010, 03:17 PM
well done all concerned with this boy :clap:

babyloveya3
27th March 2010, 05:21 PM
This boy deserves it he is so loving

RACR
27th March 2010, 05:48 PM
There coming to collect him tomorrow afternoon. I am so happy for this boy!