PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Space needed for Rats

Helina
7th July 2010, 12:16 PM
Hi,
We still have some rats needing rescue space if anybody can help.

A group of 6 girls aged 8-12 months all very friendly, licky and cute!!

A group of 4 boys aged 9-12 months 2 are very friendly, 1 is skittish and 1 is friendly but may bite when scared.

2 boys age about 4-5 months very friendly though a little timid

2 boys aged about 9 months one very friendly the other one shy

3 boys aged 10 months currently on anti-biotics, need special care as do have behaviour problems

A group of 4, 2 neutered boys and 2 girls all very friendly aged 10-12 months

3 girls age 4-5 months friendly but shy

We also have a lone boy with behaviour problems, very sweet boy but has been badly bullied in the past and is now struggling to settle down with any group.

If anybody can take in any of these rats for us please let us know, they are all rescues but we really need to find space for them before we move house.

kelly-joy
7th July 2010, 02:51 PM
where are these at the moment? :)

pmd
Leigh-rodents-Lancashire
ratscallions-rats-west midlands
Whiskers_In_ear & Nina - WATFORD
RCTLisa - (Banbury Animal Rescue and Kindness Service) - BANBURY
cazzajack(ravenswood pet rescue)- CAMBRIDGE
cmariex (pawz for thought)
Bark (Babworth Animal Rescue) - RETFORD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
sproggie14 (Starlight Trust Animal Rescue) - SURREY
spider (Rhydowen Rodent Refuge) - CEREDIGION
Lea (Rodent Rescue, Polegate) - EAST SUSSEX
caaz (South Wales Animal Rescue) - SWANSEA
ziggy&co - (Animals in Need) - NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
kevin (Kayshill Animal Sanctuary) - CO DURHAM
lincs ark (Lincs Ark) - LINCOLNSHIRE
michelle.pawz (Pawz for Thought) - TYNE & WEAR
RSPCA Middx NW (RSPCA) - MIDDLESEX
RCTLisa - (Banbury Animal Rescue and Kindness Service) - BANBURY
Shortwood small animal rescue - SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Popcorn paradise -LINCOLNSHIRE

caaz
7th July 2010, 03:29 PM
We have a checked out home, waiting for a group of girls up to 4

ratscallions
7th July 2010, 03:34 PM
where are these at the moment? :)

They're in Southend On Sea at the moment.
Helina knows I can't help at the moment :(

kelly-joy
7th July 2010, 03:43 PM
which group can you take?
3 girls age 4-5 months friendly but shy?
A group of 4, 2 neutered boys and 2 girls all very friendly aged 10-12 months?

Leigh
7th July 2010, 04:56 PM
I can take the lone boy & work with him, not much room here at the moment for any large groups & with only 6 weeks til baby is due dont want to take loads on.

kelly-joy
7th July 2010, 05:03 PM
:thanks2: :flowers:

kelly-joy
7th July 2010, 05:12 PM
that leaves

A group of 4 boys aged 9-12 months 2 are very friendly, 1 is skittish and 1 is friendly but may bite when scared.

3 boys aged 10 months currently on anti-biotics, need special care as do have behaviour problems

A group of 4, 2 neutered boys and 2 girls all very friendly aged 10-12 months

spider
7th July 2010, 05:52 PM
Sorry no space for rats at the moment :(

kelly-joy
7th July 2010, 08:07 PM
:thanks: anyway

Lea
8th July 2010, 08:21 PM
I am so sorry we cannot help; Rodent Rescue in East Sussex has had to close (hopefully temporarily). So we cannot take any animals, we are trying to re-home the animals we have. I am sure Emma who runs the rescue would have helped under normal circumstances. I really wish we could help. Usually, I as a volunteer would try my best to help out, but I currently have ten rats here with me, three of my own, five I have adopted from Emma because of the closure and two I am fostering because they need somewhere to stay. Sadly (personally) I do not have the space and time for anymore.
If you are desperate, please try the following rescues:
Surrey
http://www.starlighttrust.org.uk/
http://www.furryfriendsrescue.co.uk/
Hertfordshire
http://www.whiskersintheear.bravehost.com/index.html
Sussex
http://www.raystede.org/
http://www.barby-keel-animal-sanctuary.btik.com/
http://www.kitwilsontrust.org.uk/
http://rspca-brighton.co.uk/
Kent
http://www.rspca-medway.co.uk/
A great forum for re-homing rats in particular
http://www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community/viewforum.php?f=23

I so hope you find foster or permanent homes for all these rats.

kelly-joy
8th July 2010, 08:26 PM
:sorry2: to hear that Lea I hope it re opens soon. :thanks2: :flowers: for the list :ghug:

Batz4Ratz
8th July 2010, 11:09 PM
I would have loved to foster some but I'm a bit far away i think
Linda x

JennyC
9th July 2010, 06:51 PM
Transport can be arranged but you would need to be homechecked and have rescue backup.

Lovely offer. Hope your HC happens soon :D

Leigh
9th July 2010, 09:42 PM
Am I needed for the lone boy?, Have PM'd Helina with no reply?

ratscallions
9th July 2010, 10:11 PM
Am I needed for the lone boy?, Have PM'd Helina with no reply?

She's been very very ill for the last couple of weeks. Please be patient with her :)

Helina
13th July 2010, 08:10 AM
Hi guys, Sorry for late response, I've not been able to get to the computer as I've been unwell.

The only one we have found space for so far is the lone boy who has gone to a forever home.

To Cazz, if possible the group of 6 girls can be split into groups of 4 and 2 so if you are still open could you possibly take in 4 girls still? or we have the group of 3 girls and we have 2 girls with 2 neutered boys. Please let us know if you could still take any in.

Thank you for your replies everybody, sorry to hear you are closing Lea I hope things work out for you and thank you for the list.

Batz4ratz, like Jenny said if you were homechecked and we could find you rescue back up then transport can possibly be arranged to you if you are still open to take some in for us.

We really need to find somewhere for them all as soon as possible as it isn't fair on them at the moment as we are struggling to give them all the attention they need especially as I'm not very well.
We are having to close our rescue now also once we have found space for these guys :(

Helina
20th July 2010, 04:15 PM
:bump2:

The 3 girls aged 4-5 months are reserved and going to a forever home on Friday!!! Yay!!

The 2 girls and 2 neutered boys are reserved for a forever home pending homecheck!!!

Still looking for homes or rescue space are::

3 boys aged 10 months currently on anti-biotics, need special care as do have behaviour problems (these 3 may have to stay with us due to their health and behaviour problems, unless a perfect special home comes up for them)

Batz4Ratz
20th July 2010, 05:38 PM
Hi, I am waiting to hear from the lady doing my homecheck. As soon as that's done, I'm happy to foster rats if, as you say, I have a rescue backup to help me rehome them.
I have a couple of cages free at the moment, but do foster for another rat rescue so they could well fill up in the meantime. I'll let you know here when the homecheck has been done. Hopefully you can arrange a rescue back up for me.
Linda x

ratscallions
20th July 2010, 06:22 PM
Hi, I am waiting to hear from the lady doing my homecheck. As soon as that's done, I'm happy to foster rats if, as you say, I have a rescue backup to help me rehome them.
I have a couple of cages free at the moment, but do foster for another rat rescue so they could well fill up in the meantime. I'll let you know here when the homecheck has been done. Hopefully you can arrange a rescue back up for me.
Linda x

I'm happy to help you advertise rehoming them etc, though obviously I'm miles away from you (Staffordshire), so wouldn't be able to homecheck any homes down your way and stuff like that.

Nim

Leigh
21st July 2010, 06:57 AM
she will need rescue back up Nim, help with vet fees & to step in if nesessary, I can help with rescue back up but again Im miles away so you would have to find a vet that work with me over the phone etc

Helina
22nd July 2010, 09:55 PM
All who is left for rehoming are:

The group of 6 girls and the group of 4 boys

The rest are all going to loving forever homes in the next couple of weeks (other than the group of 3 boys who might have to stay with us due to health and behaviour)

As we are now down to 10 rats we may be able to find them new forever homes ourselves

Thank you everyone for your help we really appreciate it.

JennyC
22nd July 2010, 09:56 PM
Thats great news!

ratscallions
23rd July 2010, 11:30 AM
Oh fantastic. Well done Helina :)

katie_kate_xoxo
24th July 2010, 12:31 AM
:squee: Thats BRILLIANT news!!

:gstar: to all invloved!!

Helina
30th July 2010, 04:33 PM
We now have 2 boys and 4 girls left

JennyC
30th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Does anyone have space for these guys?

Leigh
30th July 2010, 05:46 PM
If the two boys can be brought up here Ill have room for them next weekend as I have some going out

JennyC
30th July 2010, 08:04 PM
:thanks: Leigh will PM Helina.

Helina
31st July 2010, 08:29 AM
Thank you Leigh,
I will get back to you on that as a friend is working with the boys at the moment because one of them has become very aggressive so am just waiting to see how he does..
We have had some interest in the 4 girls and awaiting a homecheck so fingers crossed for them

Helina
2nd August 2010, 07:55 AM
Hi Leigh,

One of the 2 boys has serious behaviour issues and we are not sure how the long journey will affect him, would you still be willing to take them in knowing this?

Leigh
2nd August 2010, 09:03 AM
yes behavioral issues are fine with me hun, the journey may actually calm him a little

Helina
2nd August 2010, 09:31 AM
Ok thank you Leigh, this will be a huge help for us.
Could you arrange the transport your end at all?

Leigh
2nd August 2010, 10:59 AM
the whole run or just part of? i can do it for you yes, pm me details of where he is to be collected from & ill sort it

katie_kate_xoxo
11th August 2010, 07:35 PM
Do any of these need a foster home??

Helina
13th August 2010, 03:22 PM
The girls have now found forever homes.
All we have left are the two boys that are waiting to go to Leigh when transport can be arranged

kelly-joy
9th September 2010, 09:31 AM
can anyone help with transport :please2:

Helina
9th September 2010, 09:48 AM
Just had another look on the map! (good old google maps!)
We can get the boys to Blyth services (near Doncaster I think) at the begining of November (will have to check the date but it will be in the first week of November). If anybody could meet us there and take the boys the rest of the way that would be a big help.
Should work out about an hour - hour and half from the services to Oldham.

Leigh
9th September 2010, 11:41 AM
I could get to woodall services on the M1

Helina
9th September 2010, 11:57 AM
That's great.
We just need somebody to take them from Blyth to Woodall now then, about half an hours drive!
We are looking at probably the 1st or 2nd of November if that's conveniant.

Leigh
9th September 2010, 12:23 PM
the tuesday would be better as its my daughters birthday on the monday (1st)

Helina
9th September 2010, 12:47 PM
Okies no prob.
date isn't definate yet but will avoid the 1st then :)
We are off to visit my partners family so will need to check with them to get confirmation on the date as it's there house we are staying in lol.
I just hope that we are able to find somebody to do the run between the two services. We aren't familiar with the roads and can't go too far out of our way because we already have a 5-6 hour journey so don't really want to add another hour onto that if we can help it.
Thank you again for keeping a space for these boys they really deserve this chance.

Leigh
9th September 2010, 01:21 PM
I know someone in nottingham who maybe able to hold them if we cant get the missing part of the run but will have to ask them first, will you be going via nottingham?

Helina
12th September 2010, 10:30 AM
We don't go through Nottingham no.,
We can either stop at Grantham services or Blyth. Whichever is easier.
We can't go off our route because we need to get to Darlington.
Hopefully somebody can help.
We really want the journey done as quick as possible for the boys rather than them stop over somewhere because they are very highly strung and need to get to their destination as fast as possible because it is already going to stress Grumpy out alot and we don't want to put him through too many changes.

Leigh
12th September 2010, 03:36 PM
i would of gone down the same day.. no worries

Blyth services is abit too far for me unfortunately.. fingers crossed someone can help

Helina
16th September 2010, 08:13 AM
Blyth services on the A1 is only half an hour from Woodall services, however it is the same distance from Oldham to Blyth services going along the M62 and the A1 than it is going to Woodall services.
We will stop at Grantham services and at Blyth services, if nobody can meet us there we wont be able to bring them because they can not come to Darlington with us.

Leigh
16th September 2010, 08:33 AM
I dont go via the M62 as its too far out of the way its quicker to go via the A57 so ill hit the M1 at sheffield just before the M18, im on the boarder of Ashton-under-lyne & Oldham..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... =UTF8&z=10 (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ol45qa&daddr=53.41156,-1.83245+to:harthill&geocode=FfLHMAMdGmPg_ylpPPGm6Ld7SDGsRA378MqOBA%3BF ej-LgMd_gnk_ylN_M3-g9J7SDFhPiG9qBwOEw%3BFT6ZLQMdkMXs_ykjMKJl5p55SDHrC WWl6Ryf-g&hl=en&mra=dvme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&sll=53.424585,-1.666165&sspn=0.381339,0.87204&ie=UTF8&z=10)

Helina
16th September 2010, 10:50 AM
Okies.
We will be a Blyth on the 2nd anyway so if somebody can meet us there and take the boys to you then that would be great, if not we wont be able to bring them

Helina
16th November 2010, 08:11 PM
all sorted now - thanks everyone :)