PDA

View Full Version : DogwatchUK in need

bullieluv
20th June 2009, 09:15 PM
Desperately in need of foster homes for doggies....all vets and food bills will be covered by Dogwatchuk.
If you can help, pls contact me asap..

many thanks

Verity

ABC Cat Rescue
20th June 2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Verity

I'm already on the list for fostering with Dogwatch UK. I have space at the moment for one but they must be dog and children friendly. Was hoping we could get rescue backup for Arnie but I'm not sure where thats up to at the mo, also has Samson been tested with other dogs and children yet? ??

bullieluv
21st June 2009, 08:08 AM
Samson doesnt seem to bothered with other dogs, just needs some training really..hes quite a strong boy whos had not alot of training.
It depends on how old the children are?? x

ABC Cat Rescue
21st June 2009, 09:18 AM
Children are 9 and 7 and my dogs are tiny. If you think he would be suitable I don't mind taking him on as a foster :biggrin:

Jazmyn
21st June 2009, 10:55 AM
I COULD potentially foster. I am in North Somerset though.

Would need to be a dog ok with young child nearly 3. But do let me know if I can help. :)

ABC Cat Rescue
21st June 2009, 10:58 AM
:thanks: Jazmyn

Brilliant

JennyC
21st June 2009, 12:26 PM
Hi Verity,

You know I can help with child and cat friendly dogs for a short period of time. Although I have managed to get OH to agree that we could cope for 3/4 weeks at a time now.

:thanks: Alfie and Jazmyn.

Jazmyn - have you had a homecheck before?

bullieluv
21st June 2009, 12:27 PM
Have just spoke to denise (dogwatchuk)....Samson needs to be assessed away from the kennels really in relation to other dogs.....so as soon as we have done that I can let you know.
Regarding children - Samson is quite jumpy, hes like a puppy, hasnt had affection before and now he gets it, he LOVES it and wants it all the time, so does tend to jump up for this and he is very strong. I tried to walk him myself, but i am 4mths pregnant an i couldnt hold him.
Hes a lovely boy, who we are desperate to find a forever home for......xx

ABC Cat Rescue
21st June 2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Verity

I've had an email from Denise too, I think he would be too much for my kids and dogs, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for him that he gets a foster soon. :crossed:

I'm still going to push for rescue backup and assessment for Arnie though :please2: can anyone help poor Arnie

Alfie

Jazmyn
21st June 2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Verity,

You know I can help with child and cat friendly dogs for a short period of time. Although I have managed to get OH to agree that we could cope for 3/4 weeks at a time now.

:thanks: Alfie and Jazmyn.

Jazmyn - have you had a homecheck before?

No I havent. All we DO need to do is enclose our garden dependant on the dog. We have a driveway gate, but low walls. My husband is planning to do it anyway for our little boy so that will be any time now. But its a nice large garden.

JennyC
21st June 2009, 04:54 PM
Ok well when your all sorted let us know and we'll carry one out for you.
Rescues won't let you foster till you've had it so they can make sure they match the right dog to the right family.
Its not to check how clean your house is or anything like that. Just to check the boundaries and the compatibility!!

Jazmyn
21st June 2009, 05:46 PM
Absolutely. No problem. :)

bullieluv
5th July 2009, 07:02 AM
Foster Homes needed again pls......had more doggies come in....if you can help pls contact me ASAP!!! Thanks....

kelly-joy
5th July 2009, 10:25 AM
Can anyone help :please2: :please2: :please2:

ABC Cat Rescue
6th July 2009, 12:41 AM
I still have space if Denise/Caroline would like to email me the list of who needs

JennyC
6th July 2009, 11:00 AM
I have a space for 3/4 weeks at the most.

bullieluv
8th July 2009, 07:40 PM
fab will let denise know......thanks guys...

bullieluv
8th July 2009, 08:22 PM
can any of you foster a staffy, staffy cross or mastiff cross (he needs to be only dog).....??
If you can pls PM me for further details...thanks x

susan toon
23rd October 2009, 03:10 PM
hi can i help as i live in the midlands area i have 3 dogs of my own who were all rescue dogs if i can let me know. thanks sue

ABC Cat Rescue
17th November 2009, 08:56 PM
:bump: