+ Reply to Thread

Thread: YOU DID IT AGAIN, MANY THANKS KELLY-JOY XXXXX

Cool YOU DID IT AGAIN, MANY THANKS KELLY-JOY XXXXX

Yesterday, I got a call from a local vet asking for our help. He had treated two kittens for nothing more than worms.
    Whilst talking to the owner, he discovered that they had been trying to find these two a home, or a rescue who could take them, with no success, and that since no space could be found, the owner asked if the vet could put them both to sleep.
    An appointment for the dreaded deed was made, initially for 3.30pm, then changed 5.50pm.

Unfortunately, we are now full, and cannot take anymore in. So we asked everyone we knew, rescues, sanctuaries, people on our waiting list, ex-fosterers, even Merrist Wood, and the Vet College!
    No-one could find room for these two little darlings. And time was coming increasing short for these two.
    We even asked some people we knew who are calling themselves a "rescue" but have yet to prove they really are!

So in desperation I called Kelly Joy. And sent her an email with the info on it. A nail-biting hour or so later, KellyJoy rang me back, "A rescue space has been found!". I was dancing here! Until I learned where this rescue space was. Banbury. Further than 2 hours from here (I can only drive a limit of 2 hrs,before my FMG/CFS kicks in.)
    So Kelly put out a Mega Urgent Transport request for the kittens, both here and on a few Facebook Pages.And I called the vet to tell him a rescue space had been found, and to update him regarding the transport problem.
    He offered to hold the kittens overnight for us, but if not collected some time that evening, they would be on the PTS list at 9am the next morning.

I had a Fed Meeting last night, and couldn't get away from it before 9.15pm. Then onto the vets for 9.30pm to collect the cats, and on to Abingdon, to meet with another lady from Facebook and 10.30pm, who would take them the rest of their journey.

We hear this morning that both kittens arrived safely, and are now settling from their ordeal.

For more info see here:

http://www.animallifelineuk.org/foru...RS-to-OX15-4DQ

and here:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/5...4&notif_t=like

Thankyou to everyone involved, you were all just WONDERFUL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You welcome Gill, I must say its was very much a team effort and there would have been no way that we could have done it without the help from the lovely ladies on the The Animal Team face book group that used to be called Home checkers page. Its so lovely that we can all work as a team to save Animals and we are very grateful for their help as it enables us to spend more time searching for rescue placements for all these poor needy animals , So ladies your help is very much appreciated and I hope that we the team at Animal Lifeline UK will continue to be able to work as a team along side you to help sort more needy animals transport to safety
    Kelly-joy Sargent Part of The Animal Lifeline UK Team
    [email protected]

Now gill no more calls now coz I have got hardly anything sorted for the dizzy Dogs day on Saturday which means if I don't get on with it soon me and V are going to be sat at an empty table with people coming by saying so what do you do then
    Kelly-joy Sargent Part of The Animal Lifeline UK Team
    [email protected]

Well done to everyone involved!!

+ Reply to Thread