+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Hackney!

ALUK Member

Hello from Hackney!

Hi. My name's Gordeen and I've just joined the group.

I currently have a 15 year old collie (Blue) who I adopted from the Oldies Club two years ago, and a 14 year old long-haired tabby (Mr Daisy) who I've had since he was a kitten.

I currently volunteer for the Cinnamon Trust and walk a westie once a week for a really nice lady.

I have always been interested in animal welfare and would like to be more involved. I would love to gain experience as a home-checker. It took longer than I would've liked to adopt Blue because the Oldies Club didn't seem to have any London home-checkers. It made me think this is something I would like to do, but everyone wants experienced home checkers. I am therefore hoping that there might be a charity using this site who could offer me some training/experience and/or there might be someone who wouldn't mind me tagging along. I am particularly interested in dogs and cats.

I am also trying to start up my own dog walking and pet sitting business, without much success either so far. I've been talking about doing this for years, and after 2 recent bouts of unemployment have decided to take the plunge and try to do something I would really enjoy instead of sitting in an office.

Anyway, hello, and keep up the good work.

South Oxfordshire
    to our friendly site
    Kelly-joy Sargent Part of The Animal Lifeline UK Team
    [email protected]

Sally (part of the Animallifelineuk Team)

+ Reply to Thread