+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you help provide Velvet with bedding for life?

ALUK Member

Could you help provide Velvet with bedding for life?

Velvet is a beautiful Rex rabbit, i fell in love with her when we meet her as im sure anyone would. We were collecting a hutch from somones garden and she was roaming around on the grass. Within 10 minutes she was in our car, her owners had an allergy to her and wanted rid, but didnt want to tell us before we arrived. She has been with us for a while now and she is improving so much but still has a very long way to go before we can even consider rehoming her

She is a lovely bun with a big personality, but she does have several issues. Which unfortunatly will reduce her chances of finding a forever home. The issues she has range from cage agression (slowly getting better) to blood loss issues. She also has extremly sore feet, which means she needs soft bedding. We have tried, carpet, fleece and towels, but she would get caught up on these and would run frantacly around her cage and into the sides. We have found that the very fine woodshavings from wilko is the best bedding for her. Its so much softer than any other bedding we have tried and doesnt irrate her extremly sore feet. (See pictures) She is hybiscrubed twice daily, but unfortunatly she sometimes bleeds so we have to give her a few days break before starting again. She and we obviously do not like doing this but as it has made a differnce to the state of her feet we will continue. Hopefully with this new found soft bedding there will be less iratation and she can continue to live the happy life she does now.

This is a few days after treatment had started

Unfortunatly Velvets claws cannot be cut short as they bleed a lot when cut, so we are very very slowly trimming them back by cutting the tips off everyday in the hope the quick will go all the way back and she gain have shorter nails.

At the moment wilko have a sale on their medium size packs of woodshavings, they are 2 for £2.50. Please only order this exact bedding for her as this is the only one we have found that doesnt irratate her feet anymore than they already are.

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Straw+Wood ... YYKg%3D%3D

We thought this would be the best time to make very good use of the January sale! So for £2.50 you will help to clean her out for a month. If you kind generous people would like to help her please let me know. You can order as many packs of bedding for her and we can collect in our local store. Or if you would prefur you could get deliverd direct to us.

If 46 people could order 4 packs or donate £5 towards her bedding fund we can give this girl a comfortable bed for the next 7 years.
    Please visit www.popcornparadiseanimalrescue.co.uk

Take a look at our animals and see if we can help you in anyway.

Re: Could you help provide Velvet with bedding for life?

that one is out of stock, hopefully they will get some more in

xxxx

ALUK Member

Awww, thats a shame, i had just orderd a few myself, as we are running out. Thank you for thinking about velvet.

ALUK Member

Oh my goodness, how on earth did her feet get like that?

I get paid in a couple of days and then I can make a donation to her bedding fund for you. Poor girly, she must feel so miserable with that.

There are other sizes available, not as great an offer but would they be suitable?

ALUK Member

She is much happier today, the new soft bedding is certainly easing her pain. Thank you Debs the donation would be wonderfull.

Murtle the other sizes are fine if you would like to order some of the other sizes, it must be of the same brand ect as the one in the other though. We have found other packets of shavings that look small enough to be soft but they arnt as soft as this brand. Pm me to ask where to get it sent, you can choose to have it sent to our local store or our postal address, postage is around £5 i think below a certain order amount. However it costs us roughly £2.50 - £3 to collect from the store. So its upto you :)

They charge you to pick it up from the store? That seems excessive as surely they're having deliveries there anyway?

ALUK Member

No thats fuel cost hun :)

But they're going there anyway aren't they?

Oh hang on I just got it! Fuel cost for you to drive to your store! Lol lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast